A few (probably) dumb questions.

/ A few (probably) dumb questions. #1  
Tractor
2023KIOTI NS 4710
1. How easy is it to bend a 3pt connection or PTO? I've got some really thick briars mixed in with very small saplings. Typically, I need to back into these areas to cut them because there are larger trees on the other side that I can't really run over. I'm just slightly concerned that I am or could do damage by forcefully backing into this stuff. It's small stuff. it's just REALLY thick. I'll attach a picture but these things don't necessarily translate very well.

2. I've got the remotes and plan to install top and tilt cylinders. I can't really picture how much it will "top" or "tilt" (and I haven't really adjusted the manual bars since tractor was delivered a month or so ago) but I'm curious if PTO based implements could be an issue with top and tilt? In particular, can the angle get weird and screw up the shaft or is that basically not possible?

3. If I bend my loader will I know? How? I haven't experienced any issues but I feel like I've done a couple of possibly stupid things. carried a box blade up a hill with the weight unbalanced and kind of on one arm. forgot to lift bucket a couple of times and scraped ground a little. had some violent actions when I was trying to figure out float. like tractor being lifted up. etc. nothing INSANE.. and I typically vastly overestimate what is damaging to something new until I'm completely familiar with it.

Attachments

• PXL_20231125_180644045.jpg
    PXL_20231125_180644045.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 214
  • PXL_20231125_180657685.jpg
    PXL_20231125_180657685.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 216
   / A few (probably) dumb questions. #2  
Depends if you have a 20 hp tractor trying to pull a 6' mower with a 40 hp gear box or if you have a 90 hp tractor that your mower has a 30 hp gear box. Tiny tractors break a lot easier than a 60+ hp tractor and loader.

/ A few (probably) dumb questions.
Sorry. this is a KIOTI NS 4710 (cab). so towards larger end of compacts.

/ A few (probably) dumb questions. #5  
It is possible to bend a PTO shaft by lifting it too high or if the inner/outer sections somehow get bound up when they should slide freely.

There are differences in the strength of light duty brush cutters vs heavy duty cutters insofar as how large a sapling you can cut without damaging the cutter.

/ A few (probably) dumb questions. #6  
pto shaft is SUPER easy to bend if you get it in a bind. Run mower level and go slow, should be ok. Dont crowd things!!

/ A few (probably) dumb questions. #7  
1. How easy is it to bend a 3pt connection or PTO?

2. I'm curious if PTO based implements could be an issue with top and tilt? In particular, can the angle get weird and screw up the shaft or is that basically not possible?

3. If I bend my loader will I know? How?
1. Real easy. Just ease into all new things. It's a tractor, not a bulldozer. You should be able to get the hang of it after a few hours of use.
2. Definitely can screw up the shaft, the implement or the tractor.
3. Look closely at your loader when it's sitting at the level, take pictures for comparison.
Your Kioti is known to be a fairly rugged tractor, it should be able to handle a learner.

/ A few (probably) dumb questions.
Hasn't been directly mentioned, so I'll add that an improperly sized pto shaft can do SIGNIFICANT damage to the tractor if it's too long and bottoms out.
can you possibly explain this a bit more? I just heard about the shaft length issue the other day (and how it's likely you need to trim shafts)? I can probably assume this one is ok since it was installed by dealer? how can you typically get them sized right? how do you cut them?

/ A few (probably) dumb questions. #10  
What happens if it’s too long is if you lift the attachment on the 3 point all the way up the two half of the shafts that slide together bottom out. This lets the pto shaft pushing to hard on the back of the tractor and can cause damage.

I got a pto shaft last summer because my old one was to short, I cut it with a sawzall with a metal cutting blade.