A Major Shortcoming???

/ A Major Shortcoming??? #11  
It would greatly assist in problem determination if people could post the URL of the message, or post the Forum and thread name.

/ A Major Shortcoming??? #12  
I like the new software, especially after the change to marking as read automatically!

/ A Major Shortcoming??? #13  
Henro said:
Each time I click on a thread I start at post number 1.

Under the Column Last Post where it shows you the last person who contributed to the thread is a small icon that looks like this [>]. Click that instead of the thread name and it will take you to the last post in the thread.

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but at least it's better than going to the first post each time.

/ A Major Shortcoming??? #14  
Dave:

I finally got here too. Not being very computer literate, it was a hassle. I really don't know if I like the new format, only time will tell, and the frequency of my visits. I really liked controlling the layout of the way the forum appeared on my screen, something that I can't seem to do now.:(

/ A Major Shortcoming??? #15  
Mike,
OK here is what is happing to me.
In one of the projects (Harv's new fence project) Harv has many posts with 4 or more photos. I would look at one photo and then hit my back button and it would bring me back to the bottom of the list even though I already open or viewed them. So then I'd have to scroll up to where I left off. I'm set up to display 40 and newest post at the top.

Still a great site!

Dave

/ A Major Shortcoming??? #16  
Wood_Butcher_Dav said:
OK here is what is happing to me.
In one of the projects (Harv's new fence project) Harv has many posts with 4 or more photos. I would look at one photo and then hit my back button and it would bring me back to the bottom of the list even though I already open or viewed them. So then I'd have to scroll up to where I left off. I'm set up to display 40 and newest post at the top.

I believe that is because the URL of the thread has a #postXXXX at the end, and that is a TAG into the thread. When you hit BACK, it is going to jump to that TAG again.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it ... until I learn otherwise.