A recommendation please

/ A recommendation please #11  
Success!:) I found on CL a JD 455, 235 Hrs young wi FEL 60"MMM & BB delivered to SIL for $3100. The only thing I want put on it is a block heater, & battery conditioner since it'll be sitting in a garage for extended periods during winter. We'll share a 48" 3ph tiller that I've also picked up BN on a pallet. That'll fit on my BX22 and her 455. We'll have to get separate drivelines but NBD.
T-Man.:cool:
I wouldn't send any money yet, sounds like a scam to me. The closest 455 I could find to that price had 1440 hours, and low hour units (400) were about $8000. BEWARE, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

/ A recommendation please
dgl24087,
My bad, I posted the wrong model # it is a 2210 not a 455. FEL, 60"MMM, and the 3PH ballast box, all shipped with the maintenance records for $3100. EBay payment and shipping. The seller sent us pictures, 12 total, very clean machine. No dents, very little wear showing on the rollers (more wear on the front rollers than the back, which says the deck wasn't set up level. I can fix that when I go up there in the spring.), paint has very little wear around the FEL attachment points and the elading edge of the bucket. Almost looks like they only used it to mow with and barely used the FEL at all. I know that I wasted WAAAAYYY more $$$ than this on the 5 POS used lawn tractors SWMBO had me start out with before I got my Kubota. :mad: We'll have 3 weeks to do an eval on it after we get it, so I believe (read REALLY HOPE) it'll be fine ofr her. I promised her a new seat no matter what she got. She sat on mine and wasn't happy. She's got lower back problems, so a good riding seat will be a must. I want to put a block heater & trickle charger/conditioner on it since it'll be sitting between snows in the winter. I just did mine and she's MUCH happier starting now. I put them under the hood and brought a cord out through the grill. She has a garage to park in when not in use and for any 3PH stuff we get. I have a tent for the moment. New shop is slated in the next year or so.
T-Man. :cool:

/ A recommendation please #13  
dgl24087,
My bad, I posted the wrong model # it is a 2210 not a 455. FEL, 60"MMM, and the 3PH ballast box, all shipped with the maintenance records for $3100. EBay payment and shipping. The seller sent us pictures, 12 total, very clean machine. No dents, very little wear showing on the rollers (more wear on the front rollers than the back, which says the deck wasn't set up level. I can fix that when I go up there in the spring.), paint has very little wear around the FEL attachment points and the elading edge of the bucket. Almost looks like they only used it to mow with and barely used the FEL at all. I know that I wasted WAAAAYYY more $$$ than this on the 5 POS used lawn tractors SWMBO had me start out with before I got my Kubota. :mad: We'll have 3 weeks to do an eval on it after we get it, so I believe (read REALLY HOPE) it'll be fine ofr her. I promised her a new seat no matter what she got. She sat on mine and wasn't happy. She's got lower back problems, so a good riding seat will be a must. I want to put a block heater & trickle charger/conditioner on it since it'll be sitting between snows in the winter. I just did mine and she's MUCH happier starting now. I put them under the hood and brought a cord out through the grill. She has a garage to park in when not in use and for any 3PH stuff we get. I have a tent for the moment. New shop is slated in the next year or so.
T-Man. :cool:

dgl24087 IS RIGHT!

That sounds like a SCAM! There are numerous tractor scams regarding EBay payment and shipping. They are usually listed on Craigslist and the tractor is "in a shipping container, ready for shipping". Payment is expected through a "third party".
Beware!!!

7th Angel

/ A recommendation please #14  
Again, I am suspicious, lowest priced 2210 on Tractorhouse is $6900, with well over 1500 hours. Ask the seller if you can make an appointment to see it.

/ A recommendation please #15  
Again, I am suspicious, lowest priced 2210 on Tractorhouse is $6900, with well over 1500 hours. Ask the seller if you can make an appointment to see it.

A quick Google search turned up several Craigslist ads for a tractor that fits Trafficman's description, (2004 JD 2210, garage kept, 235 hrs, etc, etc...) in Modesto, California, and Chicago (Northwest Suburbs). There were several other CL ads for the same tractor on Google, but those had already been flagged and removed. IMO, this one is the same tractor and it IS a scam.

7th Angel

Last edited:
   / A recommendation please #16  
dgl24087 IS RIGHT!

That sounds like a SCAM! There are numerous tractor scams regarding EBay payment and shipping. They are usually listed on Craigslist and the tractor is "in a shipping container, ready for shipping". Payment is expected through a "third party".
Beware!!!

7th Angel
Looks Like SCAM written all over it. !
$3100 is to good to be true = Scam so I'd scram.

/ A recommendation please #17  
dgl24087 IS RIGHT!

Beware!!!

7th Angel
I second this.

/ A recommendation please #18  
I wouldn't send any money yet, sounds like a scam to me. The closest 455 I could find to that price had 1440 hours, and low hour units (400) were about $8000. BEWARE, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
About a year ago my local JD dealer had a very nice X455 and only 400 hours on it.
Most lowe hour in nice shape ones i came across were in the 5500 to 7000 range.

/ A recommendation please #19  
That is definitely a scam! Any CL ads promising delivery, guarantees etc are almost ALWAYS scams. Call their bluff, e-mail them and tell them you want to come see the machine (it doesn't matter if you can't really come see it), just tell them you're coming to check it out in person, seller will come up with a million excuses, probably starting with "It's already all crated ready to ship". Please be VERY careful with sales like this.
Matt.

/ A recommendation please #20  
Scam scam scam. I hate scammers but unless you can go see it, don't send a cent!