A RED John Deere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / A RED John Deere? #51  
Mark, I think my posts lay blame all over the place.

At our company the CEO makes about $125,000, and that includes his car, health benefits, etc.

I think you can always find a shining example of abuse. Executive abuse. Absolutely. Government stupidity. Absolutely. Union greed. Absolutely. Our culture of ME ME ME first, everyone else last. Absolutely.

But to your point about if the CEO would have taken $10,000,000 less one year everyone else would have gotten. . .

I think that is erroneous thought. Because the consumer is still the king and if the end product is not cheap enough or good enough or pretty enough or functional enough, or some combination of all those things then it won't matter because we won't buy it. And so to say that we could/should give everyone a raise by cutting the CEO's pay still buys into the mentality that can be uncompetitive at the expense of someone else. We have to compete on all fronts with our goods or nobody, including us, will buy them.

/ A RED John Deere? #52  
The most incredible thing about the American's with Disability Act and OSHA, is that government is exempt from the regulations. Our government routinely exempts itself from most it not all labor laws! When was the last time you heard a politician complain about his health insurance premiums or coverage.... NEVER!!! Try to find a politician that isn't a lawyer... there are very few and the lawyers know how to write the laws so they effect everyone else except for themselves. I don't think that we should have term limits, but limits on the amount of attorney's that can hold office at any one given time. Think of it as..... would you spend millions of your own dollars to get a job that pays $250,000 a year for 4 years?????? President Bush did!!!! He isn't as dumb as he sometimes sounds....

/ A RED John Deere? #53  
Now I know what the electronic equivalent of beating my head against the wall is....

50 posts in this thread, and less than 20 address the original issue, while more than that address the general decline of our manufacturing economy...

Is there an "Economybynet.com" site with message board anywhere?

Don't mind me - I've got the concept, and if I don't like the discussion, I don't have to read it or comment on it any more. Fair enough.

/ A RED John Deere? #54  
After you posted here on TBN we had a video today at work on all the different divisions and locations on JDPP's they showed the augusta plant and then showed a joint venture for JD / Funskai and Yanmar. Which yanmar owns Funskai. They have approx. 16 plants in europe and went into detail on many different products and "niche" markets they rename there products due to there name is not a global name as common as it is in the states here.

The rest i can't say but neat neat things in the make for the green,yellow and red tractor /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

/ A RED John Deere? #55  
Bob,
I think we shall agree to disagree on this point. I have too many data points that say too many in corporate America dont deliver as much product as they could to the consumer in an effort for personal enrichment.
And rtimray is correct. I should be asking where I can find a reliable bio diesel source in my area or figuring out how to post pics on my latest fabrications....

/ A RED John Deere? #56  
"Try to find a politician that isn't a lawyer... "

Arnold Schwarzeneger, Jesse Ventura, Gopher (from The Love Boat), Steve Largent, Howard Dean, President Bush .... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A RED John Deere? #57  
Mike:

Now that we have all ventured far and wide, actually much farther and wider than the thread could ever hope to be.....Could we get back to the point.....
Is there indeed a RED JOHN DEERE?????

I don't believe that was ever answered.
Many other answers were given though.

/ A RED John Deere? #58  
Hey Shady,

Did that video say anything about the joint venture with Hattat in Turkey? It was suspose to produce utility tractors in the 40-90 hp range to replace the Zetor sourced models. But I've never heard or seen anything from it.

/ A RED John Deere?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Mike:

Now that we have all ventured far and wide, actually much farther and wider than the thread could ever hope to be.....Could we get back to the point.....
Is there indeed a RED JOHN DEERE????? )</font>

I have no IDEA what you're talking about.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A RED John Deere? #60  
You have to read between the lines...nobody here knows! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.