Acetone and tranny fluid !!

/ Acetone and tranny fluid !! #31  
I have used this since the mid 90's---- Ed's Red' Bore Cleaner

It work's really well as a bore cleaner, general solvent, and penetrating solvent.

-- J

/ Acetone and tranny fluid !! #32  
I finally had a reason to try the 50/50 mix this week. I tore my old Florence Hot Blast coal burning stove apart a while back to reset it. A piece of the porcelain covered cast iron, shroud is held in place with soft stove bolts. One of the screws twisted off when I took it apart. I'm not sure when the last time that piece was removed, if ever. It was made in the 40's. And has been setting in my old shop since 1971. There was maybe 3/16" stub sticking out. Not enough for vise-grips, but enough to tap on with a small semi-sharp chisel.

I soaked it using a q-tip. Dabbed it numerous times. About the 4th dab, I noticed little air bubbles, like it was soaking down around. A few more for good measure, then started using the chisel across the face of the threads, so as to back it out. At first, I thought the screw was so soft, the chisel was just cutting into it. It was actually cutting in, and backing the screw out too. Followed it around 1 full turn, then backed it out with my fingers..!! Maybe a fluke, but it worked great..!!

/ Acetone and tranny fluid !! #33  
a lefty drill bit can be your friend too!