Adapt 6ft snowplow to 3 pt hitch???

/ Adapt 6ft snowplow to 3 pt hitch???
Ergonomic improvement....grabbing the pin with a gloved hand was a little tough....call it what you will, but God bless bailing wire!

Attachments

• 833055-P1010444.JPG
    833055-P1010444.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 695
I thought a little 7610 would have trouble pushing a full load of snow...no problem pushing this load anen when I got back on and resumed pushing. Granted the tires are loaded but the turfs in 4 wd really grab well.

I bought chains which I don't think I'll need excapt maybe for a really deep wet snow with some ice under it.

I really like having the plow on the back and the FEL on the front. I'm glad I did not tie up the FEL by adapting the plow to the front. My driveway is only 70 yds long....If I had a 1/4 mile driveway I think looking over the shoulder that long would give me a pretty sore neck and back but for me this is great!

Attachments

• 833061-P1010431.JPG
    833061-P1010431.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 687
   / Adapt 6ft snowplow to 3 pt hitch??? #23  
That, sir, is a classic of its kind! I got a kick out of that "cellulose fiber strut", also being a cheap Scot.

Good work!

Actually I left out the expense of the case of Budweiser that I gave my buddy for his kindness.....being a good neighbor I helped him drink it, too.

/ Adapt 6ft snowplow to 3 pt hitch??? #25  
Nice lookin job, won't be long before you will be adapting it to the front.

/ Adapt 6ft snowplow to 3 pt hitch??? #26  
I thought a little 7610 would have trouble pushing a full load of snow...no problem pushing this load anen when I got back on and resumed pushing. Granted the tires are loaded but the turfs in 4 wd really grab well.

I bought chains which I don't think I'll need excapt maybe for a really deep wet snow with some ice under it.

I really like having the plow on the back and the FEL on the front. I'm glad I did not tie up the FEL by adapting the plow to the front. My driveway is only 70 yds long....If I had a 1/4 mile driveway I think looking over the shoulder that long would give me a pretty sore neck and back but for me this is great!

I know this is a very old post. I'm considering similar choices with a snowbear snowplow. Have you continued with this setup? Or did you change your mind eventually?

Thanks for any updates... or links to updates that exist already...

Nope....remains the same to this day. I replaced the wood with another block after the original rotted from storing outside. Very glad I didn't tie up the bucket.
I have plowed a crusted-over 2 1/2' with snow coming over the moldboard and it has handled it with chains on all four wheels. That was extreme and with the plow angled fully it would fishtail the front wheels. The instant solution was to pick up a massive chunk of frozen-solid snow from the old banks in the bucket for additional downforce out front.
I highly recommend this rig if your driveway isn't too long. Having the FEL available on the front is VERY useful all winter.
I would imagine the deflection with the plow angled would be far more pronounced with the plow way out in front of the bucket and from a damage perspective, 3 point hitch parts are a heck of a lot cheaper that fixing bent FEL arms.

/ Adapt 6ft snowplow to 3 pt hitch??? #28  
That's great! I haven't made up my mind yet, whether bucket mount or 3pt, but you have renewed my interest in trying the rear approach. Thanks.

/ Adapt 6ft snowplow to 3 pt hitch??? #29  
I presume this will be mounted on your Kubota 7610 HSD? If so, that tractor appears to have enough belly to ground clearance for a belly blade. It's a time consuming project, but if you are good at mechanics, welding and hydraulics, it is a good thing to have. The belly blade not only is good for finishing a snow removal job, but for blading roads and finish leveling of dirt.

The downside to a belly blade is they are not quickly removable (or at least mine is not). And in certain situations they will hang up the tractor and help get it stuck.