Added rear hydraulics to BX2200

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200
Great! Happy to hear it went well.

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #12  
We've mostly finished the CADDigger 608 and need to modify the hydraulics to put the couplings in the back. I have three questions.
1) You don't list the parts 010, 020 or 030. Is this line alreaady in place on the 2200 with a FEL?
2) What is the part that bolts 190 are used for attaching the tubing? Is this only on the 22?
3) Has anyone ordered parts from TractorSmart.com? They seem like they have good prices and are very quick to respond to questions.
Thanks for the help.

010,020,030 are the components of the tube that connects the control valve to the 3 point lift arm ram which is present on all machines. The other item you were reffering to is the following: K2591-39140 BRACKET LOWER which you will need two of these, I made my own instead.

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #14  
I've placed several orders with tractorsmart and have been quite pleased. Everything is shipped very fast. They seem to be more of a middle-man between us and Kubota. Everything I've ordered has been boxed and shipped directly from a Kubota warehouse. If one of your items are back-ordered, they don't hold up the entire shipment - if it's in, it get shipped.

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #15  
Thanks for the parts list and drawing. You guys make things so much easier.
Still waiting for my bx2200. Was supposed to come today but was a no show. Got all fired up thinkin' I'd see the new rig.
Boy, am I bummed out /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.
DaveL

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #16  
Sorry about all the questions, but as I said, I don't know hydraulics. Did you put 1/4" or 3/8" quick couplers on your conversion? The 2200 loader uses 1/4", but the tubes that came from Metkit are 3/8". Is there any problem with using 3/8" quick couplers on the back? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Also, the parts list indicates one male and one female. Any reason to do this other than making it easier not to hook them up wrong? I assume I can put on colored tape, just like the loader. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

You can use the 3/8" couplers with no problems. If you plan to use other hydraulic attachments they will need to use the same type of couplers, just something to keep in mind so make sure you get the part numbers from MetKit. Yes there is another reason beside making sure you don't hook things up incorrectly. When the backhoe is not attached you need to complete the hydraulic circuit due to it being an open center system. This is why you have the source(pressure side) as a hose and the return being just a quick coupler at the end of the return tube. You simply connect the pressure hose to the return line coupler to complete the circuit. If you had them both male or both female you would need another small bypass hose to make the circuit connection, but this way you need twice the number of couplers and another piece of hose. I hope this helps. On a side note I'm in the process of adding the BX22 subframe components to my BX2200 so I can convert my CadDigger to a subframe mount instead of the current 3-point mount. When this is complete I'll post some pictures.

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #18  
jrlichina,
Thanks again for posting the parts list for the hydraulic remote. My manual shows a sketch of the mounting but no part #'s, and the dealer gave me a blank look when I asked about it.
I"m not a hydraulics expert and would like your advice on component selection for a hydraulic top link.
1- Burden Surplus Center has a 6 GPM Parker open center valve (item #9-2099) that I am contemplating for the top link valve. It has load checks. I have a new 1 spool 20 GPM open center valve w/out load checks in hand that I could also use. Are load checks important in this application?
2- Surplus Center also has a 1.5" da cylinder w/4" stroke, 3/4" shaft, 12 1/4" retracted length, 5/8-18 threaded rod end, and a 5/8" rod end bearing on the other end. I'll be using this on a bx2200. To adapt the cylinder I could use a cat 0 pin and bushing kit on the cylinder end (cut the bushing in half and insert into the top link mount). I would mount a 5/8" rod end bearing on the rod and do the same thing to mount cat 1 implements at the rod end. I also have a few cat 0 implements so the pin dia. would work fine for them. With the rod end bearing installed the retracted length would be 13 1/2 to 14" and give me 4" of travel.

Do you think this will work?? I know that the cat 0 pins will be a little lighter but I'm mounting this on a 22 hp machine. I've screwed my top link in and out and this setup should give me more travel than the standard link but not too much more. I'm guessing that if it is a problem as a top link that it would make a dandy tilt (TnT) cyclinder.
Thanks,
DaveL

If you want just a hydraulic top link the 1 spool valve you have will work just fine. The BX only puts out 5.5 gpm and the load checks are not neccessary in this application. If you want a TnT system at some point you'd need a 2 spool valve, just something to think about. Yeah that cylinder would work. I have been buying stuff from Surplus Center for years and they are a lot of help when looking for something you don't see in the catalog. You may just want to give them a call and see if they have something even better for use as a top link. I'm always happy to help, good luck.

/ Added rear hydraulics to BX2200 #20  
jrlichina,
Thanks much for getting back to me on this one. Saved me the cost of a valve. Thanks also for the tip on calling Surplus Center.
Thought about TnT but not sure I need that much capabilty right now. More interested in being able to pitch a box blade forward/ back without fooling with the top link every time.
Much obliged for your help.
DaveL