Adding a foot stand to an angle blade.

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #11  
I see you added a back blade to that chain you made - nicely done!
The kick stand's pretty sweet, too.

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade.
I see you added a back blade to that chain you made - nicely done!
The kick stand's pretty sweet, too.

I need to make some nice chain, and this time see if I can get a nice boxblade!

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #13  
I need to make some nice chain, and this time see if I can get a nice boxblade!

Oh! I wish I had thought of that.
I'm going to try for a backhoe ...
But seriously, I have a rear blade that could really use a stand - think I'll borrow your idea.

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #14  
Here are pics of modification of a leg for my blade after I broke it several times. Because I have quick attach I would just lift the blade and forget to lift the leg. Now if I forget it will just swing back instead breaking.

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

Someone said mine needed paint.. well here you go. :)

IMG_20131026_142726_364.jpg

James K0UA

For those of us without welders, is there a cost-effective add on stand you could buy that might clamp or bolt on?

No, but you could fabricate such of a thing.
Perhaps a tube guide with a flange on either side to drill holes in and bolt to the body of the blade. Even something like a couple of conduit clamps could work. Might not be as pretty, but would work.

Everyone needs a welder, you should get one. Even if it is some old used buzzbox stick welder.
You have went all of your life trying to find solutions to problems like this that did not require welding. You can cut, saw, grind, file and otherwise remove metal from a work-piece, but you cannot so much as put a single bit of metal back onto a work-piece. The welder gives you the ability to do just that. Add metal, and to join metal together in a single unitized piece. If I had spent a little money on a welder sooner instead of always trying to find another solution, I would have been a happier person:)

But I always searched for another method, and I came up with some ingenious ones too! Then I bought a welder, and have never looked back. Good luck on your journey

Shop AMERICAN VALVE 1-in dia. x 5-in L Galvanized 2-Hole Pipe Strap at Lowes.com

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #19  
I made one for my rake from some lightwall 1" tubing and a bit of flatbar. It folds back if I forget to raise it and holds in place by gravity when in use. Of course it is welded on, but the brackets could have been made to bolt on if necessary.
As you can see, I am not big on clean up and painting, but it does what I want, hold up the rake.

Attachments

• IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1636.jpg
    IMG_1636.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 206
   / Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #20  
Everyone needs a welder, you should get one. Even if it is some old used buzzbox stick welder.
You have went all of your life trying to find solutions to problems like this that did not require welding. You can cut, saw, grind, file and otherwise remove metal from a work-piece, but you cannot so much as put a single bit of metal back onto a work-piece. The welder gives you the ability to do just that. Add metal, and to join metal together in a single unitized piece. If I had spent a little money on a welder sooner instead of always trying to find another solution, I would have been a happier person:)

Ditto. When you get one, suddenly everything you own that is made from metal will have an extended life; wagons, trailers, yard art, bicycles, the list goes on and on. It does not take long for a welder to pay for itself. I just saved a couple hundred bucks by making my own equipment rack for my Polaris Ranger. Took about two hours and it was fun all the way. Cost: $20.