Adding a foot stand to an angle blade.

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #31  
For those of us without welders, is there a cost-effective add on stand you could buy that might clamp or bolt on?
Go to the pipe section or your local hardware store, find 2 pieces of pipe that just fit inside each other. Big one should be 4-6" long, the smaller one should be long enough to read from the mount point to the ground and have 4-6" to spare. Next, find a pair of U bolts that fit the larger pipe, a pin long enough to go through the larger pipe and a "mounting flange" for the smaller pipe.
U bolts hold the larger pipe to the blade, drill a hole through both pipes and put the pin through it. Finish by screwing the flange onto the smaller pipe.

Aaron Z

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade.
Go to the pipe section or your local hardware store, find 2 pieces of pipe that just fit inside each other. Big one should be 4-6" long, the smaller one should be long enough to read from the mount point to the ground and have 4-6" to spare. Next, find a pair of U bolts that fit the larger pipe, a pin long enough to go through the larger pipe and a "mounting flange" for the smaller pipe.
U bolts hold the larger pipe to the blade, drill a hole through both pipes and put the pin through it. Finish by screwing the flange onto the smaller pipe.

Aaron Z

That't too easy :D

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade.
Can you tell that I have thought of making one for our blade and york rake?

Aaron Z

Yep, I believe you have a plan!:thumbsup:

/ Adding a foot stand to an angle blade. #36  
I have a welder, two if you count the Elcheapo wire feed, but to answer snpower's question, I'd think a light duty trailer jack would bolt on and work fine. In fact, since my lazy side often outvotes my creative side.......

I'm currently in the process of building my own blade as when I started it, I couldn't find the small size I require with the features I wanted. Unfortunately, since then, I have found TWO that would fill the bill. Right now, I'm over half the cost of new just in materials to weld together. In this instance, having a welder will probably cost me more money by the time I'm done. Steel used to be fairly cheap, now it's quite expensive in small quantities. But, too deep into it to quit now, so, the price just keeps going up and up.