Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #11  
(There you go slamman, taking the easy way out. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I come up with an aproach Rub Goldberg would be proud of and you kill my joy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Sorry about that! I thought your idea was uh....interesting! Yeah! That's it interesting! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Songman, good luck with it, let us know how it goes.

Slam

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine
Good news! The Briggs & Stratton breather assembly (I've always heard it called valve cover) did the trick. It took the vendor almost a month to get the part in, but it worked great! The breather assemby has a threaded port at the bottom that accepts a 1/4" fine thread nipple. I connected a 1/4" fuel line to it and the pressure side of the B&S fuel pump. The engine started the first time! I could see the fuel being aspirated through the fuel filter.

Thanks folks!

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #13  
Yeehah! Great news buddy.

Slam

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #14  
It is possible to install an electric fuel pump on a small gas engine. Amazon.com sells one for fairly cheap. you will need to add a fuel regulator and set it to about 3psi to keep the float seat from been pushed out. just hook it into your key switch in any "on" power position and keep it on the clean side of your fuel filter. The regulator goes inbetween the carb and the pump.

In the 70s truck refrigeration systems used small gas engines to run the refrigeration compressors. because of the distance and height of the engine from the fuel tank a electric fuel pump and regulator were used.

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #15  
i also want to put a 12.5 briggs on a jd 111 but my fuel tank is under hood. can it be raised up enough to clear engine properly. 12.5 is abt. 1 in taller

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #16  
do you have a part number from jacks? I am installing a vanguard -twin on a simplicity baron and am having similar problems. also don't know exactly which wires go where.

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #17  
do you have a part number from jacks? I am installing a vanguard -twin on a simplicity baron and am having similar problems. also don't know exactly which wires go where.

You can go to Stens co and get a vacuum operated pump for about 27 bucks.

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #18  
thanks I have a pump but don't know where to find vacuum to hook it up. But if this pump doesn't work then I will know where to find one.
can I drill a hole in the valve cover and install a nipple?

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #19  
yes, valve cover, top of block, some have a spot for them already.

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #20  
I trying to install a 17hp oh vale briggs motor on a toro zrow turn and the fuel tank is 12'' below the carborator and the 17hp briggs does not have a place for the vacum hose what can I do? please help,Wayne