Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #21  
I trying to install a 17hp oh vale briggs motor on a toro zrow turn and the fuel tank is 12'' below the carborator and the 17hp briggs does not have a place for the vacum hose what can I do? please help,Wayne

For the 210000 and 310000 series (and several other ones, just not sure of which) there is a replacement dipstick tube that has a vacuum port for the fuel pump. Mine was about $14. You should be able to get one at any mower shop that carries parts for Briggs, or online.

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #22  
I'm havin same trouble, sorta... Bought used JD LA100 lawn tractor that kept stalling out... Turns ot someone musta swapped in this gravity feed engine and tank in seat is too low. My local service guy offered to drill a hole in block for pulse... Someone suggested putting "TEE" in line with return to cap of tank w/ hose bib to relieve excess pressure/volume from electric pump... Would a diesel low pressure pump work possibly?
I have also thought about making new fuel tank mounted in back that is taller running to a petcock vv like on Motorsickle...

Too blessed to be stressed!
itspr2u

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #23  
Many carbuerators are only capable of taking in gravity fed fuel. Most pump systems I have seen have a return line back to the tank to relieve over pressure. There is a device that does that function. Even my diesel tractor has a return line to tank.

Ron

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #24  
All you need is a vacuum fuel pump with three fittings.
1 - fuel IN
2 - fuel OUT
3 - vacuum

Remove your valve cover, drill a hole in it, thread in a 1/4" fitting, reinstall the valve cover, run 1/4" fuel line as a vacuum line from the new fitting on the valve cover to the vacuum port on the fuel pump.

All done.

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #25  
Here's some pictures of my Kohler Command 25HP engine that had my mechanical fuel pump go bad. I gutted the mechanical fuel pump, so it is basically now a hole in the valve cover as I mentioned, providing vacuum to the new vacuum fuel pump. The vacuum pump was purchased locally for about $20 VS $150 for the Kohler mechanical pump (Found one for $75 on e-bay).

This is what it looks like now... red fuel shutoff valve to IN on new vacuum fuel pump, to OUT on new vacuum fuel pump, to fuel filter, to carb. The hose from the valve cover to the new vacuum fuel pump provided the vacuum. Works great!!!

522236d1505955716-dead-battery-broken-exhaust-stud-fullsizerender-jpg

And here's a picture of everything I gutted out from under that valve cover that used to contain the mechanical pump.

522235d1505955686-dead-battery-broken-exhaust-stud-fullsizerender-jpg

/ Adding a fuel pump to a Briggs & Stratton engine #26  
Thanks Everyone in conversation.
I ran tee off new B&S pump for excess fuel to return to neck of fuel tank, but it still flooded. So, i disconnected tee & put a shutoff valve between pump & carb that is shut way down. Lil bastardized JD runs great now!
Thanks again Y誕ll.