Adding Hydraulics to L3010

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010
The Kubota add on block is about $500.00. For occasional use I might want to tap into the FEL block. Is there a thread here
that describes that process? There are two plugged connections
on the valve of my FEL (The middle two). Is that where you would tap? Does this require the FEL control lever to be held "on?"

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #12  
You cannot "tap" onto or into the FEL control valve. I explained in a post above the ONLY correct way to add another valve to your tractor.

Your FEL has only 2 spools. You would have to disconnect either the lift cylinder work ports or the curl cylinder work ports (the hose connections on top). You could then connect the hoses from your implement to those work ports. However, you would have to manualy hold the FEL control lever in the open position to get fluid to flow.

BTW, I don't believe that what looks like threaded plugs in the middle of your valve are work port connections. They cannot be used for what you want.

Thanks for that. I will do things right and put another Kubota block on, if I choose to go ahead and put on a PTO splitter. However,
I am leaning towards a standalone as I am lazy when it comes to swapping implements. I would like to rent out my splitter to neighbors and they are not going to get my tractor...no way.

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #14  
When I bought my 3430 I wanted hydraulics out the rear of the tractor for an eventual 3pt splitter or small backhoe.

The dealer explained that I don't need to pay for an expensive remote for that application since the splitters and backhoes have their own control valves. He installed a loop with quick connects hanging out by the 3pt hitch. The quick connects are connected together at all times.

The dealer told me to never disconnect the quick connects on this loop when the tractor is running.

I will run out and see where the hoses are connected and try to snap a photo if I can find the camera again...

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #15  
All the dealer most likely did was to break the loader's power beyond line and run the two ends out to the back with quick disconnects. The reason they have to be connected is to complete the hydraulic circuit to the 3pt. If you run the tractor with the loop removed you will very quickly damage the hydraulic pump.

Having a photo would be great. Carver Equipment mentioned
doing the same thing for those just wanting a log splitter.

OK MadReferee I need more advice. I talked to Surplus Center and they are great but not familiar with my tractor and what I am doing and my inexperience with hydraulics made me worry I might order the wrong thing. Two local Kubota dealers said I could buy some kind of diverter valve that connected to the tractor under the seat (at the 3pt hydraulics I imagine). Carver said they would sell me such a valve, again attached at the rear under the seat with a valve/lever attached at the fender for about $400.00. It would have quick connects for running the splitter (which has its own control valve). The Carver setup includes all the hoses, connectors that I need for the operation or any other implements I would add to the back end. Does this sound like I am getting the correct thing? Carve said nothing would be run up to the hydraulics block at the middeck that feeds the FEL.
I don't want to either pay for the wrong setup or get less than I need. I am accomplished at many things mechanical, but tractor hydraulics is something I always use, but understand none of.
I did find the thread from last Feb with a L3010 owner wanting to add a splitter. The actual resolution to the problem was not posted in the thread.
Please be gentle.
Thanks again for your advice,
HBob

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #18  
First of all I suggest you purchase the workshop manual (WSM) for your tractor. It will most likely answer most of your questions and is a great asset when it comes to understanding and troubleshooting problems. In addition, get a parts manual from TractorSmart.com (the downloaded version is free). This will give you an idea on how things go together.

The only place on your tractor to break into the hydraulic circuit is at the rear hydraulic block which is where the Kubota valve connects to. All other plumbing is usually hard lines that are located inside the transmission case. I am not sure if a generic hydraulic block interface adapter is available like there is on the B series.

I would need more precise info on the Carver setup before I could comment on it but I doubt they are using a true diverter valve, probably more like a third party hydraulic block adapter and an external spool valve.

Thank you madref again! I looked over the parts manual I had on my computer and that helped a lot. The Shop Manual is another thing. Are you talking about the 700+ page manual? Any idea
where to find one of those for a reasonable price?

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #20  
Here you go with the photos... looks like the FEL feed is just looped to the rear and returns to the FEL valve.

Attachments

• 764247-splitterhyd2.jpg
    764247-splitterhyd2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 424