Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building

/ Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building
Zebra, the original building has the mouse guard, but the addition does not. Depending on how I end up pouring the cement floor, it might not need it.

The fasteners finally came in and I was able to complete the roof and trim.

polebarn-5.jpg

polebarn-6.jpg

polebarn-7.jpg

polebarn-8.jpg

polebarn-9.jpg

polebarn-10.jpg

polebarn-11.jpg

polebarn-12.jpg

Next I need to get everything out of there and spread the rest of my crusher run and prep for the concrete floor.

Trying to decide if I should power wash the original roof to get it to match the new roof color wise. Might not be worth the trouble, plus it could potentially create leaks where the fasteners are.

/ Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building #43  
I would NEVER power wash a building of any kind. All you do is force water where it isn't supposed to be, and destroy your water tight seals. It's a very bad idea.

Eddie

/ Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building #44  
boomlift-2.jpg

More than likely this truss was designed to have continuois bearing under it.

More than likely this truss was designed to have continuous bearing under it.
Yeah, in hindsight I should have only ordered 1 gable truss instead of 2. Would have been cheaper too...

I think that with a lot of the load being held by the existing building, things will be ok. I'll keep an eye on it and perhaps add a 4x4 in the center if there is any indication of stress, especially when/if we get a lot of snow during the winter seasons.

I would NEVER power wash a building of any kind. All you do is force water where it isn't supposed to be, and destroy your water tight seals. It's a very bad idea.
That makes a lot of sense Eddie. I'll leave well enough alone.

/ Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building #47  
Very nice...Have given me motivation to add a similar structure to the back of my horse barn for a loafing area.... What did you spend in materials to get this far? 4k?

What did you spend in materials to get this far? 4k?
About that. The metal was $2500 delivered, the trusses were $900 delivered and then another $750 or so for the rest of the lumber.

/ Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building #49  
Beautiful job pclausen. Also beautiful place you have there. Hopefully I can retire to an area like that. Im looking at a somewhat similar yet smaller project on my small utility shed. It is 16X20 now and I am going to add an 18X24 Pole barn to the back of it. Im on a hill so im going to need a bunch of fill dirt and a drainage system similar to you. If my math is correct and based on what you have listed for a cost I could probably build mine for 2-3K? Maybe. Any way the wife is wanting to replace some beach stone paths we have to the pool with concrete and slate tile the patio and the concrete path. Im figuring 6-7 yards of concrete for both projects. Do you guys think it is easier to concrete before or after?

/ Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building #50  
Yeah, in hindsight I should have only ordered 1 gable truss instead of 2. Would have been cheaper too...

I think that with a lot of the load being held by the existing building, things will be ok. I'll keep an eye on it and perhaps add a 4x4 in the center if there is any indication of stress, especially when/if we get a lot of snow during the winter seasons.

Agreed