Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building

/ Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building #61  
Think he was asking the OP, PClausen, what his employment status is that could lead to such an awesome collection of toys. Only he must not have noticed that he already answered that question just two posts above in response to me, with :

"I did a risky move in '95 and started an ISP. It worked out and I sold to a telco in 2000. I still work for that telco as I was by no means able to retire on the proceeds from the sale, but I do have decent savings."

Okay, I wondered about that too for awhile.:licking: He does have a pretty fair collection of big boy toys laying around.:laughing:

/ Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building #62  
What did you decide on the retaining wall?
I really like the roof line of end wall, which is similar to a salt box design. It turned out well.
Are the dimensions 24x36x?

/ Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building #63  
I know this is an old thread but just wanted to say thanks to the OP for posting it. I found it while google searching pole building additions. I'm going to be doing something very similar this year to add onto my existing 30x40 shop building.

Any updates since your last post?

Last edited:
   / Adding pole barn extension to existing metal building #64  
I know this is an old thread but just wanted to say thanks to the OP for posting it. I found it while google searching pole building additions. I'm going to be doing something very similar this year to add onto my existing 30x40 shop building.

Any updates since your last post?

Seconded . I'm using this as a template for my 15' extension on my pole barn. My Kubota 3800 doesn't quite have loader length so I'm trying to figure our how I will get my trusses up.

One question, what are the lag bolts at the bottom of the posts for? What purpose do they serve underground?

Thanks for any help .