Adding rear remotes

/ Adding rear remotes #1  

willysmb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 1736
I ordered my tractor with 1 rear remote. I went through the implements I saw myself using and that was all I felt I needed right away. If I decide to add more, is that something that I can do myself without voiding the warranty? I imagine I can purchase the kit from MF to do it.

/ Adding rear remotes #2  
Depending on how long ago you ordered it, you may be able to update to add more remotes. If it hasn't been built yet it shouldn't be a problem. If you're too late, adding your own remotes shouldn't void the warranty as long as you use Massey parts.

/ Adding rear remotes
Depending on how long ago you ordered it, you may be able to update to add more remotes. If it hasn't been built yet it shouldn't be a problem. If you're too late, adding your own remotes shouldn't void the warranty as long as you use Massey parts.

I haven't even picked it up from the dealer yet. They are adding the first remote for me and I am picking it up next Friday. I just assumed it would be significantly cheaper to do the remaining ones myself if I decide I need them.

/ Adding rear remotes #4  
Id say do them now and be done with it. its not that much to have them do the other 2 if theyre already doing one, labor wise.

/ Adding rear remotes #5  
If it has a loader, you may want to consider an additional front remote, rather than back. It could be plumbed in either direction.

/ Adding rear remotes
Id say do them now and be done with it. its not that much to have them do the other 2 if theyre already doing one, labor wise.

I would, just not sure if I will ever need them and the cost of the remotes itself is expensive. Not sure how much cheaper it would be if I bought them all at the same time vs adding later but I don't want to spend an extra $3,000 that I may never need.

/ Adding rear remotes
If it has a loader, you may want to consider an additional front remote, rather than back. It could be plumbed in either direction.

It does have a loader. I had them do a rear remote and a front divert valve as my two extras VS stock.

/ Adding rear remotes #8  
I would have liked to had a front diverter for a grapple or a thumb, while I was doing my initial clean-up of trees and brush, but don't know, if I could justify it, for later.

/ Adding rear remotes #9  
I didn't think Id need them, but added them anyway for potential at resale or trade. I now have a snowblower that uses all three. Having a top N tilt is also really useful.

/ Adding rear remotes #10  
You didn't say what tractor you are getting??? Size of tractor will dictate useage of 3rd function on the front and/or number of remotes needed on rear.

My little JD doesn't have FEL, but it's got the plumbing. I use both of those remotes to run a Snow Blade.

My Ford doesn't have FEL, but has two rear remotes, wish it had three.

My Kubota has FEL, 3rd function on the front, three rear remotes. I use them all frequently.

I've never, ever heard an owner say their tractor has too many hydraulic remotes. Has anyone else heard of that???