Advice on Grader/Scraper blade

/ Advice on Grader/Scraper blade #21  
Well - BMAN - I think you are evaluating some worthy blades. There is a very specific reason I choose a 96" blade. When I offset and angle the blade to clear snow I loose significant "grading width". As I remember the effective blade width drops from 96" to about 78" to 80". Because I offset and plow out about 14" beyond the rear tire on one side - the 96" blade will plow just to the inside of the rear tire on the other side.

The advantage of offset - keeps your hind end from falling off the side of the road. Many places on my driveway - the drop off the side is over five feet. 14" from a five foot drop-off doesn't seem like much but its a whole lot safer than the tire riding right on the edge.

BTW - my rear tires are 80" - outside to outside.

Remember - with a rear blade - weight is your friend. However - those 1200 pound rear blades might be a little too much. I know I sure wouldn't want/need anything heavier than my 1050 pound Rhino. You don't want to risk causing damage to any of the components of the 3-point.

Final comment - don't forget the pictures when you get your new blade. Good shopping..........

/ Advice on Grader/Scraper blade #22  
Ok guys, change of pace with things now. I've decided to go the new route and buy the blade with all mechanical to help cost and upgrade hydraulics along the way. My dealer is pricing all of these except the Allied Farm King, and all 8 foot.
I listed dirt dog with bush hog and rhino because he said dirt dog makes those blades for all of them and he can get it slightly cheaper.

Dirt Dog/Bush hog 91-08 (Rhino 850)--- 825 lbs.

Rated for 4wd 70 hp PTO, 3/8" mold board & 3" king pin.

Dirt Dog/Bush hog 100-08 (Rhino 950)--- 835 lbs. I assume that is the weight without tilt, angle, and offset cylinders.

Rated for 4wd 105 hp PTO, 3/8" mold board, 3" king pin.

Monroe Tufline GB5---- 1190 lbs.

Rated for 85 hp, 3/8" mold board, 3" king pin

Allied Farm King 100 series ---- 1287 lbs. I priced both the 80 series and 100 series,. The 80 series weighs 980 lbs but has a 1/4" mold board and I'm afraid it will be the weak point. But I'm afraid the 100 is getting slightly to big for my tractor.

Rated for 100 hp (had a disclaimer that is a very conservative #), 5/16" mold board, 3.5" king pin.

Overall not sure which to chose & hope the price will help weight out which blade to buy for what it has to offer. My dealer says the Dirt dog 91 series (rhino 850) is all I would ever need. But if the price isn't very different I may step up one more size. I know Oosik is very happy with his Rhino 950 with a tractor very similarly sized to mine.

Btw, I only left land pride out because my dealer claimed he could get these a little cheaper and he carries Land Pride. Appreciate all the help guys, hope to have a decision soon, feel free to weigh in. Thanks to

See if you can purchase the blade without the manual adjusters, as in no adjusters at all. Reason being is that if those adjusters are as costly as Land Prides, you can buy after market cylinders for only a little more $$$.

I also highly recommend skid shoes.

Attachments

• P5080012.JPG
    P5080012.JPG
    413.3 KB · Views: 150
   / Advice on Grader/Scraper blade
Well - BMAN - I think you are evaluating some worthy blades. There is a very specific reason I choose a 96" blade. When I offset and angle the blade to clear snow I loose significant "grading width". As I remember the effective blade width drops from 96" to about 78" to 80". Because I offset and plow out about 14" beyond the rear tire on one side - the 96" blade will plow just to the inside of the rear tire on the other side.

The advantage of offset - keeps your hind end from falling off the side of the road. Many places on my driveway - the drop off the side is over five feet. 14" from a five foot drop-off doesn't seem like much but its a whole lot safer than the tire riding right on the edge.

BTW - my rear tires are 80" - outside to outside.

Remember - with a rear blade - weight is your friend. However - those 1200 pound rear blades might be a little too much. I know I sure wouldn't want/need anything heavier than my 1050 pound Rhino. You don't want to risk causing damage to any of the components of the 3-point.

Final comment - don't forget the pictures when you get your new blade. Good shopping..........

Yeah I'll be pulling ditches to build our drive way so after sone advice here and thinking I knew offset was a must for future ditch pulling to keep me out of it.

Appreciate it, yeah I'll keep y'all updated. Should narrow it down more tomorrow since I talked to him after he got home, but he said he will work on it first thing.

See if you can purchase the blade without the manual adjusters, as in no adjusters at all. Reason being is that if those adjusters are as costly as Land Prides, you can buy after market cylinders for only a little more $$$.

I also highly recommend skid shoes.:thumbsup:

Definitely will do man, thanks for the heads up!

/ Advice on Grader/Scraper blade #24  
You should ask him for a price on a Landpride RBT4096 without the manual adjusters. If nothing else it’s good for comparison.

I have this blade on an L series and it works very well. It came with hydraulic tilt and angle, and I bought a cylinder from Mtnviewranch to replace the hydraulic offset. I also added the skid shoes which proves very helpful.

/ Advice on Grader/Scraper blade #25  
I got the wings that bolt on the end of the blade. Easy on and off and makes it into a handy box blade like attachment.

You should ask him for a price on a Landpride RBT4096 without the manual adjusters. If nothing else it’s good for comparison.

I have this blade on an L series and it works very well. It came with hydraulic tilt and angle, and I bought a cylinder from Mtnviewranch to replace the hydraulic offset. I also added the skid shoes which proves very helpful.

He hasn't finished pricing yet, but I did have him to go ahead and get a price of the RBT4096.

Here is where we are guys. I'm going to add my likes and dislikes as well and please weight in with advice. Like I've posted my Tractor is 60 HP and close to 9,000 +/- lbs ballasted with loader which I rarely remove.

Tufline GB5- 96- $2,898. I like the 3/8" mold board & 1190# weight, but i don't really like how the main post frame where attached to the 3pt frame is.

Allied 10096- $2,840. I like it has a 3.5" king pin and rated for 100 hp, seems like a really stout unit and weighs almost 1200#. I dislike it only offsets 20*, wasn't sure how to rate that until I found a video on it and it wasn't really enough to get far outside the tractor with some angle. Also only angles 30*. But I feel like for the money it's the most solid unit.

Dirt dog 91-08 (Rhino 850)-- $2,800. Seems like a nice unit several things I like but nothing more than anyone else has to stand out. Dislike it only has 20" of offset. Weight again was 830#.

Land Pride RBT4096--- $2774 all manual option to upgrade each adjuster for $140 per cylinder to hydraulic. Also have to wait 4 weeks for that price for free shipping, it's $3,200 for immediate shipping like the rest which I think I could wait. Likes, 30* offset, has solid 3 1/8" king pin (most do but the dirt dog/rhino 850 doesn't say that anywhere), weight was almost 900#. All around seems like it has everything I would like.

Bush hog 100-08 (Rhino 950)---- $3,400 all manual. Obviously a very stout blade, rated at 105 hp and weighs 950# with a 3/8" mold board. Dislike, honestly only the price, lol.

I want to first think Piston for mentioning the land pride 4096. I only saw the 35 & 45 series for some reason. Overall I'm liking the idea of the Land Pride rbt 4096 which seems to have all the features I would like and the price is definitely nicer than I thought it would be. Seems like it would because good blade to fit my tractor's weight, and do what I need which is pulling ditches, build the road, and in the future keep in in great condition.

Opinions???

Last edited:
   / Advice on Grader/Scraper blade #28  
I would not even consider a blade that didn't offset at least 30". What ever blade you get, get skid shoes. Worth every cent IMO.

So they would not price out with no adjusters?

So they would not price out with no adjusters?

Yeah I'm sure land pride would, but for only $140 extra per adjuster to get hydraulic I would just upgrade to theirs and be done with it.

I think I'm going to get a tail wheel instead of the shoes. I need to level some new grounds and I think that would be the trick. Or are the skid shoes more preferred?