Advice - stolen tractor and brush hog/value/replac

/ Advice - stolen tractor and brush hog/value/replac #1  

sanity

We had a Ford New Holland Tractor, Front Loader and Brush Hog recently stolen from our property (ford New Holland 1715; ; front loader bucket 7108; howse brush hog.
How do I value replacement for insurance and what would you recommend I replace them with (if i can afford it)
We need to do hauling, grading, finish mowing, rough mowing, post hole digging, etc on about 100 acres.
We miss our tractor!

/ Advice - stolen tractor and brush hog/value/replac #2  
I would ask the dealer where the tractor and implements were bought.Someone else might have a better idea.

/ Advice - stolen tractor and brush hog/value/replac #3  
I would also talk to the dealer but I would talk to all the dealers, all colors, I could find. Explain that you need pricing for replacement and that makes you a potential customer. It will also put everyone on notice if they see the tractor come through their area.

Sorry for your loss. I just hate a thief.

MarkV

/ Advice - stolen tractor and brush hog/value/replac #4  
<font color="red"> </font> Sorry for your loss. I just hate a thief

If it wasn't for them thieves I would not lose my keys all the time!

/ Advice - stolen tractor and brush hog/value/replac #5  
You can try <font color="blue"> MachineryLink.com </font> to get an idea of the price of your tractor. Prices vary by area, so this may or may not be what you could expect in your area. But it should give you some idea. As far as the implements, price those at a dealer and deduct some $$ for used.
Sorry to hear about your loss. I had a breakin last year and lost about $2500 dollars worth of stuff. I know how you feel. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Advice - stolen tractor and brush hog/value/replac #6  
Sorry for your loss as well. It amazes me that I still have to boot people off my land even though its well posted and miles down a gated private road. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I guessThe thing I would want to know first is if you had the item scheduled on your home owners. If not most home owners here will not cover the loss if your property is X miles from your residence. Insurance varys like crazy from place to place even county to county. You do need to know though if you have a replacement cost policy or a depricable policy. If its scheduled, which I think is by far the best for any one who can get the rider and leaves their machine in the woods then they will replace it with a totally new machine. Scheduleing also gives you all perils protection and a zero deductable. Dave

/ Advice - stolen tractor and brush hog/value/replac #7  
<font color="blue">How do I value replacement for insurance and what would you recommend I replace them with (if i can afford it) </font>

Hi,

This may or may not apply....but I was talking to my insurance agent [if I remember correctly] a while back and he mentioned having to replace an old tractor of some sort with a brand new one, as that fellow's insurance [homeowner's] did not depreciate items, but replaced in kind. I don't remember the reason...

I forget the term for this...sort of like if your house burns down and had plaster walls, the one they replace it with will have plaster walls, rather than wallboard...

Hope your insurance works like this...

It's a shame that you have to go through this... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Advice - stolen tractor and brush hog/value/replac #8  
Sorry to hear about your loss. Must be like losin' your best friend....

I often wonder how hard it would be to set up a small submachine gun on an automatic mount just inside the barn door....... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I REALLY hate thieves.....

Best of luck to you, friend. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Advice - stolen tractor and brush hog/value/replac #9  
I would give them the price on new equal replacements and let them depreciate it, if your policy calls for it. Some policies allow for replacement cost.

/ Advice - stolen tractor and brush hog/value/replac #10  
Try www.tractordata.com for tractor value. You might need to call around and check on implement values.
If it weren't for thieves, we probably could do away with lawyers.