Advice to new grandparents !!

/ Advice to new grandparents !!
We baby-sat our twin grandsons until they were in grade school. It was a "treat" for Sharn Jean and I, having raised two girls, the boys were a whole new ball game. I grew up with two brothers, so I wasn't surprised that "boys will be boys" but Sharn Jean had a real culture shock with the boys as compared to the girls. A pizzing contest performed on the back porch was a new concept for her, as was the regular use of terms describing bodily functions.

After two daughters and three granddaughters this 3-1/2 year old grandson has been a shock to us. He can steer my little Kioti while standing between my legs. He can drive the Bad Boy, without the blade engaged and idling, around an obstacle course I set up for him and his seven year old sister. He is as tall as his big sister and 5-year old girl cousin.

And let a couple of 12-15 year old girls walk by and he forgets what he is doing and starts following them.

Gonna be fun watching what all goes on the next few years.

RSKY

/ Advice to new grandparents !! #12  
After two daughters and three granddaughters this 3-1/2 year old grandson has been a shock to us. He can steer my little Kioti while standing between my legs. He can drive the Bad Boy, without the blade engaged and idling, around an obstacle course I set up for him and his seven year old sister. He is as tall as his big sister and 5-year old girl cousin.

And let a couple of 12-15 year old girls walk by and he forgets what he is doing and starts following them.

RSKY

Treasure those times!

/ Advice to new grandparents !! #13  
Yes, lock it when you are doing your business or "Hi Granddaddy, what are you doing?"

Of course you can't tell a 3-year old that you are just taking a s---.

RSKY

:laughing: Nice!

/ Advice to new grandparents !! #14  

RSKY

That reminds me of our first child. We'd go to a local state park, and she'd stand between my legs and steer our full size conversion van around the park when she was 2-3 years old. Had a blast. Then, of course, we didn't have seatbelt laws. Now, if they caught me doing that, I'd get a visit from child protective services. Probably rightly so, but it was fun while it lasted. :)

/ Advice to new grandparents !! #15  
That reminds me of our first child. We'd go to a local state park, and she'd stand between my legs and steer our full size conversion van around the park when she was 2-3 years old. Had a blast. Then, of course, we didn't have seatbelt laws. Now, if they caught me doing that, I'd get a visit from child protective services. Probably rightly so, but it was fun while it lasted. :)

A lot of kids used to do that, and probably were better drivers in the long run. The problem now isn't the seat belt laws as much as the air bags; even a minor accident could turn out wrong.

As an aside; my driver's ed instructor said they found the best drivers were those who were allowed to ride their tricycles inside when they were kids.

/ Advice to new grandparents !! #16  
We have six grandkids fairly close in age. One right of passage is learning how to run the backhoe on my Kubota BX24. To make it special, I arbitrarily set 5 years old as the threshold. Once you were five grandpa would teach you how to use the backhoe. One year after they had all learned how I turned them loose. They dug a hold 4 x 4 x3' deep before they decided to move onto something else. It is nice to live in the country.
Doug in SW IA