After 17 years they're back! Cicadas

/ After 17 years they're back! Cicadas #21  
There is lots of talk about eating bugs these days.......

Bon appetit!

More than a few decades ago, I read in a health magazine that the reason people where allergic to chocolate, was not because of chocolate, but because of the bugs that were in the chocolate. :confused3::shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing: Supposedly, there were/are many bugs, and bits of bugs, in the chocolate beans which make it into the chocolate...

Have no idea if this is really true but you would think the chocolate companies would wash the beans before using them.

I almost always remember bugs being in chocolate since reading that article... :D:D:D

Later,
Dan

/ After 17 years they're back! Cicadas #22  
More than a few decades ago, I read in a health magazine that the reason people where allergic to chocolate, was not because of chocolate, but because of the bugs that were in the chocolate. :confused3::shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing: Supposedly, there were/are many bugs, and bits of bugs, in the chocolate beans which make it into the chocolate...

Have no idea if this is really true but you would think the chocolate companies would wash the beans before using them.

I almost always remember bugs being in chocolate since reading that article... :D:D:D

Later,
Dan

Never heard about this before but it's interesting. We eat a lot of stuff we're not aware of....How Many Insect Parts and Rodent Hairs are Allowed in Your Food?.

Some people would never eat in a restaurant if they knew what went on behind the scene. I remember having frozen hamburger fights in the basement of McDonalds when I was kid......after the fight was over....we'd pick up the burgers and put them back in the freezer. Our customers didn't seem to mind a little dust!:shocked: