after reading about the top link failure I have a question. MntViewRanch, you here?

/ after reading about the top link failure I have a question. MntViewRanch, you here? #21  
I hang mine from an eye I put above the 3ph area with a heavy rubber bungie. Top link just sits there a little above horizontal but I can move it anywhere with one hand for easy hook up. When I unhook I just pull the pin on the impliment and the top link just goes where it is supposed to w/o having to touch it. Not to pretty or professional but very handy.

/ after reading about the top link failure I have a question. MntViewRanch, you here? #22  
I don't want to divert the discussion too much, but wondered whether anyone with a hydraulic top link had to change the top link hanger. My top link has a hanger hook welded to it; the hook is the handle for adjusting the link length. Obviously in my case, I'd have to arrange a different way to hang the top link if (when!) I switch to a hydraulic system. How have others done this?
BOB

I use a tarp strap. I need to get another quick hitch and I will not have to worry about it.
20121030_212057.jpg

/ after reading about the top link failure I have a question. MntViewRanch, you here? #23  
What kind of TNT do you have? I think my Kubota TNT has restrictors built into the cylinders because the hole in the cylinder goes down to maybe 5/16'' or 1/4.''

Roger, that is no restriction, not when it comes to a 3pt link anyway. The restrictors that I sell are.032 for the 2" cylinders, .045 for the 2 1/2" cylinders and .062 for the 3" cylinders. Trust me when I say that 99% of the time it is an easier process when you have the flow restrictors. I was like you and did not really need any. I could make adjustments fine without them. But oh is it soooo much easier with them. ;)

/ after reading about the top link failure I have a question. MntViewRanch, you here? #24  
Looks good. What kind of divertor valves are those?

They are a copy of a Bosch valve that someone else is manufacturing some where in Europe. "Hydraulic set" is what I am told. But I honestly don't know other than they work good. ;)

/ after reading about the top link failure I have a question. MntViewRanch, you here? #25  
I bought another handle from JD parts and made a bracket to clamp it on

Attachments

• suncar 021.JPG
    suncar 021.JPG
    797.6 KB · Views: 141
  • suncar 023.JPG
    suncar 023.JPG
    793 KB · Views: 129
   / after reading about the top link failure I have a question. MntViewRanch, you here? #26  
Thanks, all. I really appreciate seeing how others have handled the top link hanger issue.
BOB

/ after reading about the top link failure I have a question. MntViewRanch, you here?
I need to clean up my top link hanger issue too. I'm just using a bungie right now. Kinda ugly.