Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #11  
<font color="blue"> Also, consider a 6ft rmm rather than the mmm. This will make removal a little faster when you have to pull the wagons.
</font>

wolc123,

Why would he have to remove the MMM to pull the hay wagon?

Jeff

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #12  
<font color="blue"> Also, consider a 6ft rmm rather than the mmm. This will make removal a little faster when you have to pull the wagons.
</font>

wolc123,

Why would he have to remove the MMM to pull the hay wagon?

Jeff

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #13  
It's a weight thing. Heavy trailer and a light tractor with turfs and you could be in for a fun ride going downhill. When my turfs are on a lose a lot of traction.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #14  
It's a weight thing. Heavy trailer and a light tractor with turfs and you could be in for a fun ride going downhill. When my turfs are on a lose a lot of traction.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #15  
A mounted mmm would reduce ground clearance and severely limit the capability of the tractor to move loaded wagons around fields especially with all the ditches and furrows that are usually around. Obviously there would not be a problem on pavement or real level ground.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #16  
A mounted mmm would reduce ground clearance and severely limit the capability of the tractor to move loaded wagons around fields especially with all the ditches and furrows that are usually around. Obviously there would not be a problem on pavement or real level ground.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #17  
We are presuming these are wagons filled with baled hay, not hay rides, right? Those puppies come in all kinds of sizes. How much weight do you estimate you'll be pulling? On the field, I presume, as opposed to on farm lanes only? In other words, for real farm work, right? Around here, the tractors pull the wagons while they're being filled, maybe behind a bale kicker, and serious pickups pull 2 (or maybe 3) wagons out of the fields and back to the barn. But it sounds like you'll just be moving a filled wagon or maybe filling them by hand and basically towing the wagon around the field and back to the barn.

The more details you can share, the more accurate the suggestions and advice will be.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #18  
We are presuming these are wagons filled with baled hay, not hay rides, right? Those puppies come in all kinds of sizes. How much weight do you estimate you'll be pulling? On the field, I presume, as opposed to on farm lanes only? In other words, for real farm work, right? Around here, the tractors pull the wagons while they're being filled, maybe behind a bale kicker, and serious pickups pull 2 (or maybe 3) wagons out of the fields and back to the barn. But it sounds like you'll just be moving a filled wagon or maybe filling them by hand and basically towing the wagon around the field and back to the barn.

The more details you can share, the more accurate the suggestions and advice will be.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #19  
Hayfields are typically pretty smooth. The MMM should not get in the way. The extra weight of the MMM on the tractor will increase traction. 4WD will offset any traction disadvantage of the turfs unless you are on really steep hills which you say you are not. And, regardless of which tires you have, weight is the biggest factor that aids traction. Ag tires on hard ground may not be as good as turfs anyway.

I would set the tractor up for the way you are going to use it the most. Sounds like you have the right idea. Good luck.

/ Ag tires vs turf tires for pulling hay wagons. #20  
Hayfields are typically pretty smooth. The MMM should not get in the way. The extra weight of the MMM on the tractor will increase traction. 4WD will offset any traction disadvantage of the turfs unless you are on really steep hills which you say you are not. And, regardless of which tires you have, weight is the biggest factor that aids traction. Ag tires on hard ground may not be as good as turfs anyway.

I would set the tractor up for the way you are going to use it the most. Sounds like you have the right idea. Good luck.