AG Tires

/ AG Tires #1  

jph_in_Bama

Tractor
2002 Kubota BX2200
I am interested in buying a "used" set of rims and a set of front and rear AG Tires for my BX2200. Has anyone put these tires on their BX2200? Did it make a differenece in traction? Is there any downside to doing this? I want to keep my Turf tires and rims for finish mowing, but I need more traction at the Hunting club. Where would I start looking for used Rims? Where can I get the best prices on the AG Tires? I am in Alabama.

/ AG Tires #2  
I don't know about the BX, but I just put a set of AG's on my Ingersoll, and I love them.

16-199612-tirepost.jpg

I got them for about $70 each, and they work great. They are firestones.

/ AG Tires #3  
jph,

I don't remember the details, but I seem to remember somebody mentioning that they were able to pick up a new set of rims with tires for $350-400 from their dealer. Do a search on "BX22 Wheels" and you should find the post. At that price, I would think it would be worth getting the new rims, especially since used ones are probably going to still be a bit rare.

Kevin

/ AG Tires
s1120, did you put any on the front wheels? I was wondering if I could benefit from them with my 4wd?

/ AG Tires #5  
Nope none on the front, but mine is only 2wd. As for yours, If you put them on the back, I would also run them on front.

/ AG Tires #6  
as per pauls post. if u put them on the rear u should put them on the front also.. i do beleive this is what is recomended.

/ AG Tires #7  
jph,

My neighbor has a BX2200 with turf tires and I used to have a JD 400 with turf tires. My impression after observation of my neighbor and my personal experience with the JD is TOO MUCH SLIP!!

On dry, level ground turf tires are fine. But, even mowing on level ground I've been stuck in damp, soft spots.

Two sets of tires would probably be ideal, but often, ag tires are satisfactory for mowing, too. I now have a JD 855 (same ballpark size as a BX2200) with ag tires and I would never go back to turf tires. Ag tires can imprint the lawn with their tread, but usually it's barely noticeable and disappears in a day. The added traction more than makes up for the drawbacks, in my opinion.

If you only use your tractor for mowing and tire slip is not a problem, then no reason to consider ag. But, if you do loader or blade work, or have inclines or slippery surfaces you will be thrilled with the ags.

OkieG

/ AG Tires
Thanks for the input! Is there a good place on-line to order from? I am sure I can find them locally, but I kinda like this internet thing!

/ AG Tires #9  
jph,

Sorry, I don't know of any on-line outlets for tractor tires, but would be interested if you find one. My tires are about 4 years old and the fronts will need replacing before long.

By the way, as you can tell, I am opinionated in favor of ag tires, but there are definitely other opinions out there. If you do a TBN search for turf tires, ag tires, industrial tires, etc. you will find threads that voice alternative views. You might want to read some of these before you spend any cash.

OkieG

/ AG Tires #10  
You might try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.millertire.com>http://www.millertire.com</A>. I have never used them, but have only heard good things about them.