AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots)

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #41  
If there was a legal to show it to. The IT guys flaunting it were ignorant to any of that. They were installing in left and right not realizing they could easily ruin the relationship with OEM's
What are the IT people hoping to accomplish by installing these AI modules? Seems to be a serious lack of security processes.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #42  
What are the IT people hoping to accomplish by installing these AI modules? Seems to be a serious lack of security processes.

More ai = more better

IT people work on websites and emails. Things that in the grand scheme of things dont really matter.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots)
When IT and Legal team up company efficiency takes a hit.

Years ago legal sent out a notice all 65,000 employees had to sign acknowledging no expectation of privacy and all emails, messages, teams, etc. are considered permanent…

Recently learned permanent equals 2 years as anything hitting the 2 year mark is now purged.

In facilities engineering the loss of data is profound…

At a minimum of several times each week there is useful information that no longer exists for past projects, proposals, bids, etc.

The irony is the rows of file cabinets we once had were all but removed as the push to digitize and eliminate paper and go green in the interest of efficiency.

Copying information to thumb drives or other storage is blocked leaving few options due to zealous patient privacy data protection system wide though engineering has no patient information.

Still remember a well like young lady at reception that was fired for breach.

She was on break and took a selfie posting on her private Facebook page captioned Me Loving my Job…

Enlarging the picture revealed a patient name on a computer screen in the background and with zero tolerance that was that and it was onrr we of her Facebook coworker friends that brought it to compliance…

It’s a brave new AI world

Last edited:
   / AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #44  
More ai = more better

IT people work on websites and emails. Things that in the grand scheme of things dont really matter.
IT people should know better than sending any data off-site or out of clearly defined company boundaries.

It matters. You should bring this to the attention of upper management.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #45  
When IT and Legal team up company efficiency takes a hit.

Years ago legal sent out a notice all 65,000 employees had to sign acknowledging no expectation of privacy and all emails, messages, teams, etc. are considered permanent…

Recently learned permanent equals 2 years as anything hitting the 2 year mark is now purged.

In facilities engineering the loss of data is profound…

It’s a brave new AI world

Sounds like a communications problem.

Define permanent, comes to mind. Could be a matter of time or process, or even based on rule-sets.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots)
Sounds like a communications problem.

Define permanent, comes to mind. Could be a matter of time or process, or even based on rule-sets.
The company lawyer emphasized anything on company network is there forever with no expectations of privacy so your passwords, pictures etc. would be captured.

The lawyer said forever as until the end of time to make the point.

Now it is legal pushing the 2 year and purge due to discovery motions that ask for all company emails which meant decades in one case…

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #47  
The company lawyer emphasized anything on company network is there forever with no expectations of privacy so your passwords, pictures etc. would be captured.

The lawyer said forever as until the end of time to make the point.

Now it is legal pushing the 2 year and purge due to discovery motions that ask for all company emails which meant decades in one case…
Yep. Sounds familiar. Once my family owned employer turned towards a more corporate model, they brought in people and one of the first things they did was limit the time that email could be kept.

We asked why? We had plenty of space and system capacity. They said bluntly "to limit liability". I.e., can't provide damaging evidence to the person(s) suing them if it's corporate policy to delete all email after X days.

I can't count the number of people I worked with that set up rules to auto-forward all emails to a private gmail account to cover their assets as soon as that came up.

Another tactic is to ask you something verbally, so there's no digital record of it being asked. So I'd send the person asking an email, and state "per our conversation" or "per your request" here's the info that you requested of me and bcc a copy off to gmail.

Of course, these weren't trade secrets or anything like that. Just people trying to make you complicit in dubious behavior. :rolleyes:

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #48  
Yep. Sounds familiar. Once my family owned employer turned towards a more corporate model, they brought in people and one of the first things they did was limit the time that email could be kept.

We asked why? We had plenty of space and system capacity. They said bluntly "to limit liability". I.e., can't provide damaging evidence to the person(s) suing them if it's corporate policy to delete all email after X days.

I can't count the number of people I worked with that set up rules to auto-forward all emails to a private gmail account to cover their assets as soon as that came up.

Another tactic is to ask you something verbally, so there's no digital record of it being asked. So I'd send the person asking an email, and state "per our conversation" or "per your request" here's the info that you requested of me and bcc a copy off to gmail.

Of course, these weren't trade secrets or anything like that. Just people trying to make you complicit in dubious behavior. :rolleyes:
In some businesses there is a thing called record retention policies. And depending on the business dealings there are time limits and procedures that must be tested to retrieve said records that fall under certain policies. In one place I do business with I have over 20 years of emails available. All recoverable.
One learns to write and speak....carefully.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #49  
In some businesses there is a thing called record retention policies. And depending on the business dealings there are time limits and procedures that must be tested to retrieve said records that fall under certain policies. In one place I do business with I have over 20 years of emails available. All recoverable.
One learns to write and speak....carefully.
I used to export all of my email to a file every January and put it in a format that could be put into a database for searching. Then I'd burn that file to DVD for safe keeping. Actually was useful a few times to get details of past projects that people forgot about or couldn't remember why something was done.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #50  
I used to export all of my email to a file every January and put it in a format that could be put into a database for searching. Then I'd burn that file to DVD for safe keeping. Actually was useful a few times to get details of past projects that people forgot about or couldn't remember why something was done.
Yeah...I did that at the beginning of my careers at a few places...then encryption came along....then key recovery....kind of put a blockage in place if you are not in the place you can recover your keys at.
I find in some places old ideas are new again. Personnel turnover and lack of institutional knowledge. What is old is new again. Lol.