AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots)

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots)
Yep. Sounds familiar. Once my family owned employer turned towards a more corporate model, they brought in people and one of the first things they did was limit the time that email could be kept.

We asked why? We had plenty of space and system capacity. They said bluntly "to limit liability". I.e., can't provide damaging evidence to the person(s) suing them if it's corporate policy to delete all email after X days.

I can't count the number of people I worked with that set up rules to auto-forward all emails to a private gmail account to cover their assets as soon as that came up.

Another tactic is to ask you something verbally, so there's no digital record of it being asked. So I'd send the person asking an email, and state "per our conversation" or "per your request" here's the info that you requested of me and bcc a copy off to gmail.

Of course, these weren't trade secrets or anything like that. Just people trying to make you complicit in dubious behavior. :rolleyes:
Yep... it's gone 180 and all from the top down...

Already useful info gone forever... in one way makes it simpler... had a detailed quote to replace a built up air handler just prior to pandemic and of course it doesn't exist because that was over years ago.

Teams and messages now have 7 day life max...

So much for accountability...

Forwarding off site is also a no-no.

Legal did suggest forwarding all my emails to myself to reset the clock when I protested the policy saying it negatively impacts operations.

Corp is so much different than local owned and operated...

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #52  
IT people should know better than sending any data off-site or out of clearly defined company boundaries.

It matters. You should bring this to the attention of upper management.
It's about using buzz words and looking cool. Not doing what's right or useful

More ai means more stock price

Last edited:
   / AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #53  
If there was a legal to show it to. The IT guys flaunting it were ignorant to any of that. They were installing in left and right not realizing they could easily ruin the relationship with OEM's

There's two different classes of IP problems here. One is your company's IP, as expressed in code, being leaked via the AI site. The second is accidentally receiving protected IP from some other company via the AI site. In the first case you can lose your rights to patents. In the second case you can be subject to legal action for infringing on someone else's patent. Of course there's IP besides patents with different laws, but that's the IP I'm familiar with.

I'm guessing the TOS for the site tries to make these the fault of the users. It will be interesting to see if that works.

The other problem is the AI just being wrong. I had one of my engineers answer a technical question using Chat GPT. It took a minute's searching to find the correct answer. The GPTs are designed to produce output that looks good but nothing in the model actually checks that they're correct.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #54  
Mmmmmmuuuaaahaha. It's not magic. AI involves a computer program written by a programmer. We can make it do anything we want. :ROFLMAO:

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #56  
You all know there have been several AI replies to this and other threads in recent months... ;)

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #57  
I have a feeling the elites (in their own mind), are going to keep trying to kill off all Of us peasants and replace us with AI robots and it will only be a matter of time before said robots kill those greedy rats and create their own utopia.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots)
Years ago I read a book in College titled the Techno Peasant

If memory serves it predicted the future belongs to those tech savvy and the rest will simply be peasants.

I should reread that book…

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #59  

If memory serves it predicted the future belongs to those tech savvy and the rest will simply be peasants.

There are many levels of "tech savvy".

I know of many techno peasants. LOL.

The masses just need to be aware of tech, understanding and working with it/or against it, depends on the person and situation. IMHO.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #60  

Will check it out. Never heard of it