Airstream Project

/ Airstream Project #11  
Wow!! $3,400 for 17' of shine?? That sounds like the kind of shine some folks drink!

Anyway, I love those Airstreams. We have our third travel trailer, made by Airstream, very lightweight. Makes me want to go camping!

/ Airstream Project #13  
Beautiful and classy. Thanks for the photos

/ Airstream Project #14  
Cartod thanks for shareing info and starting thread ! :thumbsup:
Always heard good stuff about Avions also.
Thanks enjoying thread.

/ Airstream Project #15  
My advice on restoring one. buy a small one, the smaller the more they are worth restored. ..........
Interesting point. I was surprised to see some fairly long used Air Streams for sale in the $5000 range, same price as a little Casita / Scamp egg camper of similar vintage.

/ Airstream Project #16  
I saw a show recently where a Hotel used Airstream trailers parked near the beach as rooms. Way cool idea!

/ Airstream Project
Hey car, you said the ones newer than '72 ain't as good, eh? Any years between '72 and now that are good?

Yea, the 70's they were running them out the door too fast, and the cheapened a lot of the parts. Starting back in the early 80's they got there game back together and have been quality since. There were other aluminum trailers that didn't catch on, some better than Airstream. Silver Streak was a very very well made aluminum trailer.

/ Airstream Project
Cartod thanks for shareing info and starting thread ! :thumbsup:
Always heard good stuff about Avions also.
Thanks enjoying thread.
Agrgosys were just painted airstreams for the most part. Avions were another aluminum trailer..some say better..

Last edited:
   / Airstream Project #20  
We bought an argosy minuet last fall. For those who don't know argosy is basically a painted version of an airstream. Technically made by airstream. Total project. Will hit you up for advice when we start our tear down.

My uncle got one of those years ago. He worked for a mobile home manufacturer and had access to all kinds of materials and expertize to rebuild it. It was gorgeous when he finished up!