All this talk of oil and......

/ All this talk of oil and...... #1  

Cat_Driver

Elite Member
Tractor
2016 Kubota 4060, 2017 Tackeuchi excavator TB260
As responsible equipment owners we all worry about our oil levels even if they are a fraction of an inch high or low.

Well this will open some eyes.

Check this vehicle out 40 minutes with NO OIL. Also look around and see how long soem of these vehicles ran with water and silica in the oil pan.

Side note I wonder wht the destroyed all these usable cars when they could have given them to the poor to go to work. I will never understand this on.

YouTube - Cash For clunkers Engine Blow Up

/ All this talk of oil and...... #2  
Side note I wonder wht the destroyed all these usable cars when they could have given them to the poor to go to work. I will never understand this on.

I'll bite my tongue. I can see this thread turning political and getting closed in a hurry. :D

/ All this talk of oil and...... #3  
Junk yards are upset, as they should be on the CFC gov program. When a dealer used it they are to install a product in there old engine for 10 minutes and it kills it..

If someone buys it the fines are high..It is profit based...sad.

/ All this talk of oil and...... #4  
Clunker is in the eye of the owner...
This program , well intended , is NOT mandatory...
People that feel they must have a new car , that is what drives this kind of foolishness.
I like old cars... I am not in favor of destroying personal property just because it is old...

/ All this talk of oil and...... #5  
The two main intentions of this program were to stimulate the sales figures of the car companies, and get older low mpg/high emissions emitting cars off the road.

/ All this talk of oil and...... #6  
I cant watch those car execution videos. I posted one in another thread with them killing a excellent condition volvo. I know its only a car but its heartbreaking... like having to take the family dog out and put to sleep .

How it makes environmental or economic sense to kill a running car, only to replace it with something else i dont know.

Just the emissions in the manufacture of the car, from the steel to the tires, would greatly exceed the emissions that the "clunker" would emit for the duration of its remaining time on the road.

Now, i can almost see this program for truly polluting, old, rustbox vehicles, that are unsafe for the road, but offering it on alot of these vehicles, in their current condition is a waste, of both resources and money.

Just sad, in all senses of the word.

/ All this talk of oil and...... #7  
I cant watch those car execution videos. I posted one in another thread with them killing a excellent condition volvo. I know its only a car but its heartbreaking... like having to take the family dog out and put to sleep .

How it makes environmental or economic sense to kill a running car, only to replace it with something else i dont know.

Just the emissions in the manufacture of the car, from the steel to the tires, would greatly exceed the emissions that the "clunker" would emit for the duration of its remaining time on the road.

Now, i can almost see this program for truly polluting, old, rustbox vehicles, that are unsafe for the road, but offering it on alot of these vehicles, in their current condition is a waste, of both resources and money.

Just sad, in all senses of the word.

You mention a Volvo, I'm assuming your talking about this one YouTube - Volvo Cash for Clunkers Engine Disabling? If so than I completely agree, that's a stupid waste of a perfectly good car that get's pretty decent mpg already. Old rust buckets make sense, but not that.

/ All this talk of oil and...... #8  
You mention a Volvo, I'm assuming your talking about this one YouTube - Volvo Cash for Clunkers Engine Disabling? If so than I completely agree, that's a stupid waste of a perfectly good car that get's pretty decent mpg already. Old rust buckets make sense, but not that.

Yeah thats the one. What a waste. I got a '96 sunbird i would have gave them in trade for the volvo :D

/ All this talk of oil and...... #9  

My question on this Volvo, is what IDIOT decided to put this car into the program. Surely it was got to be worth more in trade than the $3,500-$4,500 that the CARS program pays.

This just highlights the stupidity of some people, and some gov't programs. I agree with the comments another made regarding the environmental impact of the mfg. of the replacement vehicle. This particular car certainly had not reached the end of its useful life.

/ All this talk of oil and...... #10  
How much will a quart of engine water run :D