All this talk of oil and......

/ All this talk of oil and...... #11  
The Volvo in the video looks like an S40, the sedan, I own a V40, the wagon.
It should not be qualified for the clunker program. Qualified cars most get an EPA mpg rating below 18 mpg. This car has a 27 or 28 mpg rating. Is the program being abused? The 40 series Volvo's regularly go 200 to 300 thousand miles. What a waste! I really like my V40 and used parts are hard to come by.

/ All this talk of oil and...... #12  
So, some brain child came up with this cash for clunkers program to stimulate the auto industry. When the program ends, the auto industry will see the same diminished sales as before the program started, and we the tax payers will be the ones paying the bill. Not to mention when all these people default on their new car loans because they lost their job, the banks will need another bail out just like they did when the housing market went down the toilet and we the tax payers will be paying for this program again.

/ All this talk of oil and...... #13  
I watched what I could of that Volvo video Jason posted. It made me sick. When you take care of your stuff, baby it along, it hurts to see wanton waste. I would imagine there will be a lot of new car repossessions in the upcoming year after some of the Cash For Clunker people can't afford to pay the increased insurance, and taxes on their new clunker. They should have just hung onto their old car and saved some money. But then, the air would have been dirtier...

/ All this talk of oil and...... #14  
It does seem like a shame but ask anyone at a car lot, and they say it is great and may be just enough to keep the car companies going. It will lead to slower sales down the line as a lot of people on the fence will jump now. That is what they need. A shot in the arm of something positive to help put the recent days of gloom and doom behind them. When you put it in context of how many cars are out there. It won't make or break anything.

/ All this talk of oil and...... #15  
I watched what I could of that Volvo video Jason posted. It made me sick. When you take care of your stuff, baby it along, it hurts to see wanton waste. I would imagine there will be a lot of new car repossessions in the upcoming year after some of the Cash For Clunker people can't afford to pay the increased insurance, and taxes on their new clunker. They should have just hung onto their old car and saved some money. But then, the air would have been dirtier...

"Wanton waste" is the perfect description of everything going down right now. The cash for clunkers program is nothing but a big "thank you" to all those looking for a free ride in a return for all those who voted for a free ride. All in the plan to get as many as possible on the government teat to help ensure a continuation at the next vote.

Thankfully, the more of this garbage that floats around, the angrier the American people get. Real "change" is coming if this crap continues!

/ All this talk of oil and...... #16  
Government is not the solution, it's the problem!

/ All this talk of oil and...... #17  
That is the most rediculous thing I've seen. It's one thing to porposely kill an engine in and old pile of junk. But those are some nice (nicer than anything I drive) vehicles they're destroying. Makes me sick

/ All this talk of oil and...... #19  
this is all part of the government creating programs like people on disability, and not having enuff people to check out the facts. No offense to people that really deserve it, but I know people that get it, including a few kin folks of mine, that are just too plain lazy to work. zman

/ All this talk of oil and...... #20  
I'm w/u zman on this, too much pork available, too little work ethic....just hope you & me both never have to use it because of our life circumstance....few other places around where those that really need it will find assistance......me thinks this thread is becoming too political, time to crank 'er up & go to work and save the political agenda for those far wiser than me. bb