allis chalmers 5030 will not start

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start
Soundguy said:
have you got a service manual on this machine? i'd for sure get one if you don't.

soundguy

No I do not have a manual. I probably should have on tho

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #22  
for sure...

got manual. got pan off. see problem. both rod inserts on piston #2 were gone, it had about quarter inch play and chewed up the crakshaft. Im taking it to a machine shop tomorrow to see if they can save it. then all i need is new inserts and a gasket kit.

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #24  
yikes!

good luck.. if it's more than 30 out I bet it is toast unless you can get someone to weld and grind it..

soundguy

its in the shop, they gonna see what they can do with it. now gotta figure out why it happened. thanks for all the help.

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #26  
By inserts do you mean the rod bearings? If those are toast the rod is probably ovalled out and new bearings won't save that. Need to take the rods to your machine shop to check to see if tey are still round. Otherwise you will tear up whatever you replace pretty quick.

Yes they are in the shop as well have not heard from them yet today

By the sounds of it they can save the crank. They gonna call me tomorrow The rod however needs to be replaced but I can live with that if that's all I gotta replace.

So as it stands right now I need both connecting rods oversize bearings and a gasket kit and rings. Can't get rods bearings and head gasket all discontinued. What a nightmare this has become.

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #30  
sounds like a call to a salvage yard is in order.

perhaps wengers.

might be cheaper to get a long block or complete salvage engine...

soundguy