allis chalmers 5030 will not start

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start
I got a couple prices but can't order the parts but connecting rods are 500 bucks a piece. Bearings 84 each half. I'm looking at 2 grand to fix this thing if I can get the parts. Called a few salvage yards today as well haven't found anything yet. What other motors will fit?

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #32  
These are rebranded Hinomoto E23 tractors with a Toyosha S126 Diesel 2-cylinder motor. The Massey MF-210 and Simplicity 9523 takes the same motor iirc. Might try checking with the grey market dealers for Hinomoto parts too. Parts are not easy to find because after Deutz took over they stopped dealing with the Japanese. Good luck, might wind up a lawn ornament if it costs more than $2000 to fix. You can buy a decent running tractor for that much.

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #33  
att hat price.. either get a slvage machine or motor.. or a different tractor IMHO.. :(

soundguy

What about an ac 5020? would most parts be the same?

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #35  
What about an ac 5020? would most parts be the same?

As long as it's the same motor, yes. I think the 5020 was the same Toyosha S126 motor. That really the important thing.

From what I understand in what I just found they do use the same toyosha s126 engine just they have a different bore/stroke. And the 5020 has a little less hp. Am I right? Or horribly wrong

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #37  
From what I understand in what I just found they do use the same toyosha s126 engine just they have a different bore/stroke. And the 5020 has a little less hp. Am I right? Or horribly wrong

You are right. Same motor, different internals. They changed the bore diameter and/or stroke to make different power levels. Any S126 could probably fit in there it's just power output that's different.

If you know of a good S126 from a 5020, at least you know that you have two complete motors, and I would be willing to bet it would be very easy to swap parts as needed to make it work. My uneducated guess without seeing them is that they will probably bolt right in with almost no changes.

Check common parts like clutch, water pump, etc. and if they are the same between the two (I think they are) bet it bolts right in.

Think of it like the old small block Chevy motor. You could have a 305, a 327, a 350, a 400... all bolt in to interchange in a car, but internal parts are different.

A good engine rebuilder might be able to resize your existing rods if you can't find another motor or parts.

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #38  
I've got the simplicity 9523 and my dad has the AC 5020. If you look on tractor data I think you will find the AC 5030 is listed at 28HP whereas ours are listed at 25HP. As stated, I would assume engines would swap. Not sure the hours you have on yours but I have seen these at 4000 + hours. Mine has 580ish hours. My dads has 1400ish hours. Both run good. I hope both continue to run good cause this particular tractor is hard to find engine parts for. Fortunately, there were like 5000 of them produced under the AC logo alone I think not mention simplicity, hinomoto, Massey Furgeson too. So they are out there. These are nice midsized tractors for those OK with 2wd. Although there was a 4wd version but more rare as I suppose few really saw the need for it back in the mid to late 70's. Put some chains on and go you know! They have a great and tight turning radius compared to many tractors so using a MMM deck to cut grass is great.

Anyways. Have you contacted a company like Falicon in Florida to inquire about this situation? If the oem rods are $500 each then it seems to me you could probably get custom made rods or something very close out of another application if you have your specs. But maybe not as this day and age it seems few have the talent to make these things happen and the few who do are so expensive that making it happen makes no sense at all unless sentimental issues involved.

There are many of these tractors running well and happy owners of many years. We just picked these two up last year so hoping for good luck.

How many hours were on your tractor? Seems strange to me it would just all of a sudden start making loud clunking and wear out those rods. I don't think that happened in a minute.... ?? Were there unusual noises in the motor before this?

No it's never made any noises that would raise suspicion. We did have a rough winter and had to move way more snow than usual but it was a great little machine up until this happened. If I can get one of these 5020 from this auction at a decent price I will but if not it's lookin like new tractor time. No one wants to part with these things

Set my price and they sold higher. Over three grand each