Allis D12 Ser. III

/ Allis D12 Ser. III
Yeah I knew it was a good deal when I got it, that is the thing I keep telling my wife.

/ Allis D12 Ser. III #12  
You got a great deal for sure.

Several years ago I bought a 1959 series 1 D12 with an Allied loader up in WI and restored it.
I assume that you have already checked out Unofficial Allis Home Page on that website you can find any part for that tractor that you want. Good luck and keep the pictures coming!!!

Attachments

• Pictures - Old Files 165.jpg
    Pictures - Old Files 165.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 234
   / Allis D12 Ser. III
Your loader is very interesting, I didn't realize they used them on the AG tractors.

Yeah I cruise the AC site, I post under the same name there. I have been seeking help :)

Just got the "Fire Flow" sleeve and pistons in, now to put it all back together. Maybe by this weekend it will be running again (I hope if I have time)

/ Allis D12 Ser. III #14  
Your loader is very interesting, I didn't realize they used them on the AG tractors.

In the late 50's Allis even used alot of Allied and Henry loaders in their advertising. I believe that they owned Henry at one time.

The D12 that I had with a loader didn't have power steering so with a loaded bucket it was a real chore to manuever.

/ Allis D12 Ser. III
Fire Flow Pistons
D12

It lives! I was pleased it fired right up.

D12 running

/ Allis D12 Ser. III #16  
Nice rig, and sounds like you're doing right by it. I'm curious, is that the factory shape for the drag link? Kind of a big curve in it! You've got a fun and rewarding project going there.
Jim

/ Allis D12 Ser. III
Yes that is a factory curve, I think they made it that way due to the front wheels being able to extend so far out. A straight rod would bend...plus it had to clear the side implements if so mounted.

I'm enjoying it! Kids say I'm tractor crazy now :)

Looking to replace the brakes on it as they are very weak, then it will be on the back burner as my funds for parts have dried up. :(

/ Allis D12 Ser. III #18  
Charlie, sounds good, but would sound better with a muffler.:) Is the hole in the hood round or oval?

Bake

/ Allis D12 Ser. III
I'm working on that! The previous owner welded a straight pipe in so I will need a new manifold and oval muffler

/ Allis D12 Ser. III #20  
Yeah mine needs an exhaust manifold also. The fit is not real good at the muffler. My 1965 also takes a oval muffler. Tough little tractor.