Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #11  
mine was stalling out occasionally. I changed the fuel pump, now it stays running

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #12  
Stalling out, I would suspect either the fuel pump or the fuel filter.
Overheating light coming on right after the machine has started tells me that the pressure sensor is bad. I would replace the sensor so that your gauge and light work properly and so you can see what the current temperature is. I would probably also use a cheap infrared thermometer to verify approximate temperatures.

Aaron Z

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating
I searched for the parts in the Allmand 425 parts catalog I found online and in the 2 manuals I found for the 425 but see no mention of any sensors attached to the engine. I went to the local Kubota dealer since it is a Kubota engine, they said they didn't know anything about the engine or sensors. Apparently Kubota only made that engine just for Allmand and no longer supports it.
So, anyone know where I can get new parts. Here are pictures of the sensors I want to replace:
oilpressuresensor.JPG
watersensor.JPG

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #14  
Looking at the specs for the Allmand. It shows that they use the Kubota D1105 engine. That engine is fairly common and used on various types of equipment. Tractors, excavators and so on.

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #15  
I go on E-Bay. Find the temperature value, normally open or closed, whether two pin or grounding and the NPT size. It isn't hard and beats a dealers price.

Keeping the Rad clean on My loader makes a HUGE difference. Blowing it out helps a bit, but washing it out makes a big difference.

Getting that heat from the hydrostat through the cooler, in front of the radiator makes it hard to keep the engine cool.

I do go to a Kubota dealer to get engine parts and filters for various other machines with Kubota engines, because those dealers just invent their OWN part numbers and charge even more than Kubota. Like what STEINER wants for (Kubota) oil filters. Unfreaking believable! But that's their right to charge as they please.

Thanks. That is the model engine I have but the plate on the engine says D1105-ES. The Kubota parts guys here locally said the two items I had pictured above were added by Allmand and not something they carried. I argued a bit with them based on the fact that these two things are attached to THEIR engine and THEY should at least know the purpose and ideally have something that does the same thing. They wouldn't budge and I walked out frustrated and empty handed.

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #17  
I have a really good dealer (Deboers) and the guys will try and help, BUT it really helps to do as much of the legwork as possible. Like, I would find out, what equipment of theirs has the engine for the parts I want. You want a coolant temperature switch, not sender, I am guessing.

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #18  
Those look like the oil pressure sending unit and the coolant temp sending unit. What industrial toys said is the correct thing to do imo.

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #19  
You also have to be the one to take the final risk. You can't get a parts dept. to find you odd stuff and then you try and return it if it's the wrong one. I wouldn't blame them for giving someone the cold shoulder if you tried that.

I would agree Mr Toys. The parts department is in business. I purchased the wrong hydraulic filters recently online (bought them based on the manual instead of looking at the filters already on the unit). I got credit for the one I didn't open, which seems fair to me.
According to the manual, these are supposed to be sending units like mini14 mentioned above. I can't figure out the part details to order another one. I plan to take some pictures and check with my local auto parts store. I'm also looking for the pump replacement as suggested by others.
I'll update the thread when I make some progress.
Thanks to all for your help and advice.