Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #21  
You need to find a friendly auto parts counter too. I often just say, forget make/model and part numbers, just let me go back there and see what you have. Often, it's the quickest way for all my strange requirments. I don't like to waste their time.

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #22  
Google hep02a that's the pump I used

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating
Late update. Turns out that a neighbor down the way is pretty handy with engines. So, in exchange for free use of the TLB, he worked on the engine for me. After replacing a number of small components and updating the consoles gauges, he pulled the gas line from the tank to the engine and found it was pretty clogged up. We blew this out with a compressor and cleaned it with some pipe brushes until it was clear again. TLB started up and ran just fine for about 20 hours and then we had to do it again.
I think it sat for so long unused that it's got some gunk built up so I'm changing out the fuel filter and blowing out the lines a few more times before I get too worried.
I'd like to drop the fuel tank and clean it out but I haven't figured out how that would work without taking a lot of the framing apart.

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #24  
Thank for the update

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #25  
Late update. Turns out that a neighbor down the way is pretty handy with engines. So, in exchange for free use of the TLB, he worked on the engine for me. After replacing a number of small components and updating the consoles gauges, he pulled the gas line from the tank to the engine and found it was pretty clogged up. We blew this out with a compressor and cleaned it with some pipe brushes until it was clear again. TLB started up and ran just fine for about 20 hours and then we had to do it again.
I think it sat for so long unused that it's got some gunk built up so I'm changing out the fuel filter and blowing out the lines a few more times before I get too worried.
I'd like to drop the fuel tank and clean it out but I haven't figured out how that would work without taking a lot of the framing apart.
I would expect that you will not permanently solve the problem, until you completely clean the tank.

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #26  
Is there a drain plug in the bottom of the tank? It maybe possible
to open the drain or what ever is in the bottom of the tank and flush
it out without removing the tank ???????

over heating causes: bad thermostat, bad radiator hoses, air lock,
radiator fins plugged up, water pump Kaput??

willy

Last edited:
   / Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #27  
No drain it's a square plastic tank

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #28  
if it appears to be rust then it probably is. I am unsure if previous owners replaced the pick up line from top of tank with a metal ferrous line but mine rusted soo bad it actually broke loose from the top of the tank connection. I replaced it with a galvanized brake line but still today pulling rusted line pieces out and cleaning my filter often until i get a chance to pull the tank and do a deep clean on it. Also install a Clear view fuel filter before the electric pump for visual inspection and easy cleaning and reuse of filter. Hope this helps

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #29  
Greetings,
My first question on the forum...
I bought a used Allmand 425 with about 470 hours. It stalls out after about 15-20 minutes of use. It restarts okay but runs just a few minutes more before stalling again. It came with almost all the hydraulic hoses replaced as well as most of the connectors. I replaced the console gauge and ignition switch since neither of these worked properly. Now the temp gauge is lighting up after a few minutes of use. I've changed the oil and the oil filters; the manifold, the gas filter, and the hydraulic filters. The radiator is full and the overflow has a steady 3/4 inch of liquid in it whenever I check it.
I'm only digging into a hillside with the backhoe and hauling the dirt about 100 feet.

Thoughts on things to check next? I'm thinking I should do a radiator flush and fill.
Thanks in advance
William
This may be a shot in the dark but I just purchased an Allmand 425 Kubota diesel and the gauge console doesn't seem to work do you remember where you purchased it.

/ Allmand TLB 425 w/ kubota engine - overheating #30  
I think they just put diff. Temp guages in. There is a site call allmandtractorparts.com they might have the original gauges. Theres a hst temp guage and a water temp guage. Afaik only my temp guage works.