Alternative Power in PT1430

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #1  

BWSwamper

Bronze Member
Tractor
PowerTrac
I saw a listing for a PT1430 online. The photo shows a water cooled Lister-Petter 3 cylinder diesel installed. I thought all of this model had the 2-cylinder Deutz until the recent switch to a gas motor on that model due to emissions restrictions making the F2L Deutz unavailable.

. Lister-Petter in PT1430.jpg

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #2  
Possibly someone repowered it?
I know I seen on YouTube, a couple people replacing engines in them.

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #3  
Call Terry and ask him. The very early ones had Kubota diesels. I think those tractors are longer to make room for the extra cylinders and radiator etc.

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #6  
Fun! Original or not, it looks like a nice job. It has the old 3Pt pin attachment.

I have a soft spot for old lister diesels. That looks much newer than the ones I know, but still older.

All the best,

Peter

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #8  
BW,

I started looking for a PT a few weeks ago and came across the same one you started this post with. Did you look at the unit, or does the age and uniqueness of it scare you away?

I'm interested, apparently it only has around 600 hrs.

Thanks,

/ Alternative Power in PT1430
BW,

I started looking for a PT a few weeks ago and came across the same one you started this post with. Did you look at the unit, or does the age and uniqueness of it scare you away?

Thanks,
I'm not really in the market right now. I have a PT1850. If I were looking for that model, I might check it out.

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #10  
BW,

Thanks,
I think it would depend on what you want it for. If you need a small loader, you are probably ok. If you need other implements, like a mower, I would think that you need to be pretty good at welding and metal fabrication, or know someone who is, as you are probably going to be building your own implements.

You would be buying an old tractor from a small manufacturer, who probably doesn't have many parts for that model any more. If you are a handy sort of person, these are very simple machines, and most items are readily available, if you can figure out what you are looking at. I know nothing about parts availability for that Lister engine.

I would dicker a bit on the price for all of the above reasons, plus the fact that it is still for sale.

FWIW: that engine looks like to me like a Lister Petter LPW3, which has closer to 28 or 29HP, which would fit with the 1430 label, rather than the 38HP in the listing.

All the best,

Peter

Last edited: