Alternative Power in PT1430

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #11  
Thanks for the info. My needs are mowing and loading, not much else in the near future. I have done some welding but am not a fabricator, more of a patch it back together guy.

This might not be the item for me given the older connection point.

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #12  
If all you need is a mower, then getting a matching width brush hog, and putting a hydraulic motor on it (if it doesn't already have one) with an attachment setup to match should be something a local welder could do for you, and then your are done. It isn't a big job. Power-Trac could tell you what the flow is on the PTO. (Have you called them to talk about this one? They (Terry) may have some insights.)

All the best,

Peter

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #13  
I contacted PT today and the tractor is a 1996 and they will be getting me more info on the engine and hydraulics. Apparently the older connection limitation is there is no auxiliary hydraulics so a grapple is not an option down the road. I'm getting more interested in this one, but I worry that I'm mostly interested because of the price point. The pics don't show much wear and tear on the bucket and the tires look pretty new but that's only the view from the internet.

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #14  
That's wonderful that you have data from PT.

Funny, it looked to me as if there is an auxiliary hydraulic lever under the dash (left of the joystick). Again, that is a straightforward add, if you want to.

Have you driven it yet?

All the best,

Peter

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #15  
I haven't been out to look at or operate it. It is a little bit of drive (6+ hours) so I'm getting my ducks in a row before I decide if I want to take a trip. Thanks for your insights!

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #16  
I take it back, no auxiliary; that must be the PTO on/off under the dash. There is something going on with the hydraulic cooler fan wiring, but it may just be loose.

I think that this wasn't used much for loading because the leading edge of the bucket is not worn. There does seem to be a bit of oily trash on the floor around the motor, but that may not mean anything, or it may mean that there is an oil leak in the engine and or pumps.

It must have been stored under cover as the stickers haven't faded much at all.

All the best,

Peter

/ Alternative Power in PT1430 #17  
I spoke with Terry in Tazwell today about the 1430. He considers the engine to be one of the better ones. The hydraulics are 12 gpm @ 2500 PSI.

He wasn't sure if it had auxiliary hydraulics, but mentioned they did make a few with the old 3 pt connection that had it. His recommendation was to continue to use the 3 pt connection as is by adding loops to any implements. He did not recommend trying to add auxiliary hydraulics because of the plumbing required.

He said that if you can live with the limitations it should be a good unit.