Always need to rake grass!! What is the secret to not have to?

/ Always need to rake grass!! What is the secret to not have to? #21  
I've got a Woods RFM, 72". It clumps and windrows terribly....but, on an OLD worn out tractor so I presume tractor doesn't get up to proper PTO rpm's....

Put it on NEW tractor.... same thing. (rear discharge if anyone cares)

I then decide to try mowing same field with my JD riding mower (diesel, 60" cut) and it looks 50 times nicer. No clumps, no windrows, just nice clipped grass.

I've still not yet figured out why it does such a nicer job than the finish mower behind 40 HP but it does.

/ Always need to rake grass!! What is the secret to not have to?
   / Always need to rake grass!! What is the secret to not have to? #24  
I can mow once a week twice a week and still could make hay with all the grass clippings. Would mulching blades work? A grass bagger seems like it would just get full in one pass.

I'm using the blades that came with my kubota b2650 MMM 60" deck.

Most people would say z zero turn but a guy down the road has a older kubota like the b2650 with a MMM deck and he never has to rake the grass. :laughing:

How much grass are we talking about?

In my case if I mow frequently enough there is no issue. If I miss a month in the spring, which happens a lot as we go out of town for month in may, then I just keep cutting and eventually the windrows disappear.

If you are talking a small plot, perhaps a grass catcher would work.

Edit: not that I cut a lot, 5 acres or so.

/ Always need to rake grass!! What is the secret to not have to?
How much grass are we talking about?

In my case if I mow frequently enough there is no issue. If I miss a month in the spring, which happens a lot as we go out of town for month in may, then I just keep cutting and eventually the windrows disappear.

If you are talking a small plot, perhaps a grass catcher would work.

Edit: not that I cut a lot, 5 acres or so.

Not a lot 2 acres, i have more but do not bother with it as a local guy makes hay out of it. 20 acres in total.