Amazing...

/ Amazing... #71  
I was just offered and took 35 thousand for my 1997 Ford F350 long bed, 4 door pickup truck. Just turned 100K and has always been garaged and in the winter up here, has never seen snow or salt. No rust anywhere, super clean inside and out.

Bought it new in 1997 and paid a bit less than 35 for it.
Pickups were scarce back in 2021 when I was shopping for a new one to replace my 2012 CMC Sierra 4WD crew cab.

I was parked in front of the dealership, talking to a salesman when a customer came in and wanted to buy my old truck. It had 55K miles, clean as a whistle and he offered me $38K on the spot. It was tempting since I paid $32k for it in 2012. The salesman told me privately I should take the offer since he could only give me $30K on a trade.

Unfortunately, I needed a truck and the new one I ordered would take 12 weeks to arrive. It's a good thing I passed on the deal since it actually took 9 months for the new one to be delivered!

Crazy times!

/ Amazing... #73  
Pickups were scarce back in 2021 when I was shopping for a new one to replace my 2012 CMC Sierra 4WD crew cab.

I was parked in front of the dealership, talking to a salesman when a customer came in and wanted to buy my old truck. It had 55K miles, clean as a whistle and he offered me $38K on the spot. It was tempting since I paid $32k for it in 2012. The salesman told me privately I should take the offer since he could only give me $30K on a trade.

Unfortunately, I needed a truck and the new one I ordered would take 12 weeks to arrive. It's a good thing I passed on the deal since it actually took 9 months for the new one to be delivered!

Crazy times!
Yep… folks were making thousands at the end of their vehicle leases doing the buyout and reselling… crazy.