Amazon rant...

/ Amazon rant... #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Amazon home / farm delivery is getting worse and worse or at least around here it is. Last package I ordered from them the shipping notice said delivered and I signed for it. Was not even home and the package was tossed in the front yard. Time before that. the delivery person (Amazon driver) delivered the package to the wrong address (down the road a mile) and the only reason I got it was the person where it was delivered to knows us and brought it down to the farm.

I'm beginning to think that one, their delivery people cannot read or are too lazy to or just don't care or they don't pay their delivery people an equitable wage or something, has to be something because they are totally ignorant when it comes to proper delivery. Have a bunch of Christmas stuff on order with Amazon and I cannot wait to see if any of it actually gets delivered. Not holding my breath.

We have no issue with Fed-Ex or UPS at all. Amazon, big issue. Couple weeks ago an Amazon delivery driver backed out of the driveway and ran smack into our roadside mailbox and caved in his (or her) rear door and kept right on going, never stopped and the mailbox did a number on the rear doors on the truck. Destroyed the mail box as well but not the post because the post is a 6x6 in concrete. Had to purchase a new USPS approved box but the damage to the truck was quite substantial and like I said, the driver just kept on going... amazing stuff.

I'm beginning to think that the quality of Amazon delivery people is very low, or they don't pay enough to get quality people or something is amiss with them.

Like I stated above, I'm wondering what will get delivered and what will become 'lost in space'.... :rolleyes:

/ Amazon rant... #3  
Sounds like FedX ground. We don't get Amazon delivery in my neck of the woods. Amazon goes either USPS (mostly including Sunday now) or UPS. Buying from other online sources often means FedX and they have all the problems you mention about your Amazon drivers. FX used to be mostly OK but the last year I see a different driver every time I get a package.

Heck last month one of the FX drivers reported being car jacked and robbed after he screwed up and got stuck on a rural road. After the police and search people spent several hours searching for the bandit they figured out that it was a false claim and arrested the driver.

/ Amazon rant... #4  
We have never had an Amazon truck around here, it the post office, fed-ex or UPS. The generally do a good job.

/ Amazon rant... #5  
I do appreciate the photo delivery notification because I know where to look!

This week several neighbors away so they text and ask if I can move their deliveries inside... no problem if I'm around.

I think it's a crap shot as to the nature of the individual drivers...

If something is small and valuable I send it to work...

A few times drivers have signed my name and not left the package at delivery address... lots of wasted time spent because everyone says you signed for it!

/ Amazon rant... #6  
Mostly good luck here. Did get a delivery notice for a lost package once. Proof of delivery showed the package sitting on the front porch... that's nice I replied but we don't have a yellow house! 😋 I took a chance and went to the nearest yellow house. Guy said yeah they are in the garage.
Not amazing, that's Amazoning

/ Amazon rant... #7  
A funny unrelated story with my immediate next door neighbor who now regularly will text if a package delivered when they are away.

For two years we would wave from afar and he would see me tractoring in the spring...

One day I happen to be at the front lobby desk at the hospital covering for a few minutes and Jim walks in with instruments ordered for a case.

He says he knows me and the starts naming all the area hospitals and then asks if we ever worked together or if I have kids at the local high school...

He keeps guessing and I'm having a little fun until finally he says how do I know you???

I said Jim... we share a lot line as next door neighbors and I have the bulldozer... then it all clicked.

After that day I move any deliveries to their garage because porch pirates are real on our road and Amazon is around at least once a day if not multiple times each day...

/ Amazon rant... #8  
Every ranch in our area is gated now because porch pirates follow the delivery trucks. I leave my lower gate open and have a bench at the house gate with a leave deliveries here sign on it. There's a nice big turn around at the gate so everybody knows to come leave stuff at the 2nd gate. I even put a second mailbox next to the bench and the mail gets delivered at the house too. No worries.
Last year I saw a big Dewalt box outside my neighbors gate. I stopped and put a trash bag over it. Assuming they got it.

/ Amazon rant...
Out here, we have the same Fed-Ex contract driver all the time, same with UPS. Our Fed-Ex stuff all comes out of the same hub (Saline, Michigan) every time and both the UPS drivers and Fed-Ex drivers actually put the stuff on the back deck and of course give a biscuit to the pup and he appreciates that.

Amazon, on the other hand don't even get out of their delivery van, they open the window and toss it. Amazing how lazy they are. I have a very expensive item coming via Amazon delivery, cannot wait to see if it actually gets delivered or not and not holding my breath either. I 'track' everything, all the time.

Something is very amiss with them (Amazon delivery) an what it is or how to cure it, I have no idea but I suspect it has to do with pay scale and the lack of ability to hire and retain competent employees.

One of my hunting buds manages 60 Fed-Ex independent contractor trucks and he has no issues with his drivers what so ever but then they actually get excellent compensation and health and welfare as well. I suspect the Amazon delivery drivers (and I also assume they are contract delivery drivers) get substandard compensation and marginal health and welfare as well.

I'm just assuming as I never asked any of them what they get or don't get because they never seem to get out of the vans they drive, at least not here.

I kind of wonder what the driver said about the caved in doors on his truck when he got back to the distribution center, probably nothing...lol

/ Amazon rant...
After that day I move any deliveries to their garage because porch pirates are real on our road and Amazon is around at least once a day if not multiple times each day...
Never been an issue here (glad of that). Living at the end of an unpaved road, very few if any strangers come by and if they do, they are usually lost anyway and our pup acts mean but in reality is a milktoast looking for the elusive biscuit.