Amazon rant...

/ Amazon rant... #11  
Out here, we have the same Fed-Ex contract driver all the time, same with UPS. Our Fed-Ex stuff all comes out of the same hub (Saline, Michigan) every time and both the UPS drivers and Fed-Ex drivers actually put the stuff on the back deck and of course give a biscuit to the pup and he appreciates that.

Amazon, on the other hand don't even get out of their delivery van, they open the window and toss it. Amazing how lazy they are. I have a very expensive item coming via Amazon delivery, cannot wait to see if it actually gets delivered or not and not holding my breath either. I 'track' everything, all the time.

Something is very amiss with them (Amazon delivery) an what it is or how to cure it, I have no idea but I suspect it has to do with pay scale and the lack of ability to hire and retain competent employees.

One of my hunting buds manages 60 Fed-Ex independent contractor trucks and he has no issues with his drivers what so ever but then they actually get excellent compensation and health and welfare as well. I suspect the Amazon delivery drivers (and I also assume they are contract delivery drivers) get substandard compensation and marginal health and welfare as well.

I'm just assuming as I never asked any of them what they get or don't get because they never seem to get out of the vans they drive, at least not here.

I kind of wonder what the driver said about the caved in doors on his truck when he got back to the distribution center, probably nothing...lol
Try giving $20 in a Christmas card this year. I do it for all 3 of the big ones and I think it helps all year long.

/ Amazon rant... #12  
The UPS trucks are well maintained...

FedEx not so much and Amazon are often rolling wrecks within a year...

/ Amazon rant... #13  
Try giving $20 in a Christmas card this year. I do it for all 3 of the big ones and I think it helps all year long.
If they are always different don't think it would help... even the mail is different...

Not like the old days when same person for decades...

/ Amazon rant... #14  
If they are always different don't think it would help... even the mail is different...

Not like the old days when same person for decades...
Additionally I go out and talk with the drivers and thank them. Works almost as good as cash :LOL:.
My new mailman stuck his van up the road from me. I ran up there and asked if he wanted me to pull him out? After that he's been the best mailman I've had in years

/ Amazon rant... #15  
I try to always say Thank You and a wave using all of my fingers...

Doesn't work unless eye contact as Amazon drivers always seem to have earbuds listening to something... I'm sure prohibited by vehicle code?

/ Amazon rant... #16  
I have no idea if my delivery guys are "regular" or not. If I'm home, they just drive up and drop the package off by the garage door and leave without knocking or saying a word. If I'm not home, they do the same.

I've had the same USPS mailman for about a year now, give or take. It's a rural carrier out here, so they're driving their own vehicle (only reason I know it's been the same one). At least this one gets the right mail in our box almost all the time and manages to close the mailbox door when done. The last one didn't manage to do that 3 out of 5 times. This one still doesn't come every day, and "holds" our mail for a few days, then suddenly "bam", we get several days worth of mail at the same time. At least it's usually all our own mail, and not the neighbors. There's not really anything that "urgent" that comes to us by mail anyway, so could be worse.

I don't think I've ever seen an Amazon delivery vehicle in our neighborhood.

/ Amazon rant...
Scoot... The issue is, with Amazon at least is, we never have the same delivery person and we do give both Fed-Ex and UPS delivery drivers Christmas and 4th of July gifts every year anyway. Same with the USPS rural delivery driver.

If we had to 'gift' the Amazon delivery people, gifts or money, we'd need a big 'piggy bank' of it.

/ Amazon rant... #18  
I run a small shipping biz out of my house so I know who the regulars are... for mail I have 2 steady drivers and a random person. Amazon can be anybody - once in awhile I do get a pkg left at our open gate on the road. But they are all aware of the theft issue and report your driver in now an Amazon refund option

/ Amazon rant...
Like I said, I have one large ticket item coming via Amazon and we will see it it actually gets delivered or not and it's not Christmas related anyway.

My renter next door got a Amazon delivery notice yesterday and nothing delivered at all. She's not happy and I don't blame her one bit. Probably delivered to some stranger on the other side of town or the delivery driver kept it and marked it delivered, who knows, not my issue but may be with my ordered and paid for items.

Normally, I don't order big ticket items online but in this case I did because the price was extremely competitive. I much prefer buying big ticket items from a brick front retailer if at all possible or an established outfit like Grainger or MSC. Problem is, with both is they like to gouge if possible.

I have to presume that on non delivered items, there is a recourse? What that is, I have no idea and will 'cross that bridge' if need be.

/ Amazon rant... #20  
.....their delivery people cannot read
English
**EDIT**
Case in point, just 5 minutes ago, so I edited this post.
I have this sign on my door:
1701014271097.png

This is where the box was dropped, notice the lead to 10' to the right
1701014318184.png

I 'spose I should be thankful it wasn't raining as it would be put in the same place. Last time it was one of those brown paper shipping envelopes that was propped against my door right below the sign where it sat all day and was a soggy mess.

Here's the last parcel:
1701014683777.png

Last edited: