Amazon Sucks

/ Amazon Sucks #31  
So 30 posts, and only one PO poster, the original post.. I am thinking Amazon is A-OK for most of us. Maybe the name of this thread should be Amazon Rocks!

James K0UA

/ Amazon Sucks #32  
I wanted to order some cookbooks for the lady and did not want to order through Amazon because when they came in blaring Amazons name all over it, there was a good chance she's see it and know what I got her, so instead I ordered them from the an ebay seller. Guess what, they came in from Amazon anyways. It appears that sellers on ebay just transfer the orders over to Amazon and Amazon ships it. All went well and she loved the gifts, just learned something new.

/ Amazon Sucks #33  
I too have been ordering things from/through Amazon for years. While I'd prefer not going 3rd party I still do when it's something we need or really want. Have had problems with shipping and days late and things on back-order when said in stock but Amazon always took our problems seriously and resolved them quickly - to my satisfaction. Plan on continued use as long as it takes to get at least 1 order delivered to the door by drone!

/ Amazon Sucks #34  
I got jerked around by Amazon customer service, and the issue never got resolved.

Been shopping with Amazon for years and never once had a problem with their customer service. Maybe the root of the problem rests with the third party or shipper? At Amazon click "Help" at the top of the page then click "Problem with an Order?". Read the info in the "THIRD-PARTY SELLER ORDERS" section.

/ Amazon Sucks #35  
I just used Amazon to order a set of stainless steel cookware.

We had a $200 rebate / gift card to Nebraska Furniture Mart, so loaded up the buggy and made the hour drive. Found the set we wanted at NFM for $300. Thought I better do some price comparison before pulling the trigger, checked Amazon and it was exactly $100 bucks cheaper.

Asked the salesman to price match - he wouldn't since they were an online store. So we spent the card on some other goods and then I ordered the cookware from Amazon from my smart phone sitting in the parking lot while the Mrs. checked out some other shops.

Another satisfied transaction!!

/ Amazon Sucks #36  
I just used Amazon to order a set of stainless steel cookware.

We had a $200 rebate / gift card to Nebraska Furniture Mart, so loaded up the buggy and made the hour drive. Found the set we wanted at NFM for $300. Thought I better do some price comparison before pulling the trigger, checked Amazon and it was exactly $100 bucks cheaper.

Asked the salesman to price match - he wouldn't since they were an online store. So we spent the card on some other goods and then I ordered the cookware from Amazon from my smart phone sitting in the parking lot while the Mrs. checked out some other shops.

Another satisfied transaction!!

That old smartphone while your shopping sure is handy isn't it.. OK Google show me some cookware!

/ Amazon Sucks #37  
Technology wise I prefer to avoid being a Pioneer since Pioneers tend to collect arrows and I don't like arrow collecting.
I have no idea what this means, and I want to know. Since this thread is going perpendicular to it's original bearing......I hope you will enlighten me as to what a "Pioneer" is, and what an "arrow", is in Amazonian terms

/ Amazon Sucks #38  
I have no idea what this means, and I want to know. Since this thread is going perpendicular to it's original bearing......I hope you will enlighten me as to what a Pioneer is and what an arrow is in Amazonian terms

In the days of the covered wagon venturing west, the Pioneers, those that went first tended to to "collect arrows" from one of the hazards in the area the Native Americans. When the Native Americans were conquered then those that ventured west were no longer pioneers and faced less hazards.

Shift gears to the world of technology. Those that are "Pioneers" or if you prefer "early adopters" tend to suffer more problems than those that wait around a while to let others work the bugs out of new technology. Hence your risk is lessened.

James K0UA

/ Amazon Sucks #39  
I ordered a $1.32 cent part from a third party vendor thru Amazon. I did not receive the part and sent the company a e-mail. Amazon after about thirty days sent me a questioner inquiring about the part. I had written the $1.32 off as being to small of a amount to pursue recovering. A couple of weeks later Amazon sent me the $1.32 and advised they had removed the vendor.

So Amazon made a believer of me on their customer service.

/ Amazon Sucks #40  
In the days of the covered wagon venturing west, the Pioneers, those that went first tended to to "collect arrows" from one of the hazards in the area the Native Americans. When the Native Americans were conquered then those that ventured west were no longer pioneers and faced less hazards.

Shift gears to the world of technology. Those that are "Pioneers" or if you prefer "early adopters" tend to suffer more problems than those that wait around a while to let others work the bugs out of new technology. Hence your risk is lessened.

James K0UA
So a pioneer is a guinea pig and an arrow is an inferior product or a design flaw in an under tested product?