Amazon Sucks

/ Amazon Sucks #42  
So a pioneer is a guinea pig and an arrow is an inferior product or a design flaw in an under tested product?

The sad thing about any brand new product today, especially electronics, is that it was rushed in the design and manufacturing, hasn't been well tested, and most likely has a ton of bugs they hope to fix in software. New phones, tablets, etc. seem to have so many bugs, especially in the first edition. Software patches off the internet are the best and the worst thing that has happened to the software industry, and has led to many lazy programmers who don't even bother to test their code.

Windows 8.0 is a prime example of an OS that should never have shipped. (Win8.1 isn't that much better).

Apple used to be the exception to this, but now of late it seems they also are shipping things with bugs.

Off my soap box and back to Amazon... I put in an order on the 25th of December and received it the 26th. That's pretty darn impressive. The only problem I had with the order is that I ordered it using a Win 8.1 tablet (see above comment) with a tiny screen, and didn't realize I had doubled up on one item until I received the package. I'll probably just sell the extra on eBay and be done with it.

/ Amazon Sucks #43  
Thanks for the education. I was reading a review today of the Galaxy s4 phone. The reviewer was making a big deal about what he considered a huge flaw.... no functional eye tracking.
I know little about phones even less about smart phones. I wouldn't even have a mobile device if not for my spouse, who insists on it. So i can't understand why anyone would care to have this gimmick. And to purchase a phone because of it and to never have tested the phone before purchasing.....amazing

Last edited:
   / Amazon Sucks #44  
so i think i would be more satisfied with amazon if they would reserve something when its in your cart instead of selling out of it. i wanted to buy new sheets and found some with a lot of good reviews so i put them in my cart and decided to add things during the day and then buy. so when i added some light bulbs to my cart i got a message saying that the sheets aren't available anymore. well that's what i really wanted. they should give you 24 hours to finalize. i also don't like that often there's a price difference between colors of stuff and if you are asleep at the wheel and the blue sheets looks better than the camel gold sheets you pay more and not realize it.

/ Amazon Sucks #45  
I wanted to order some cookbooks for the lady and did not want to order through Amazon because when they came in blaring Amazons name all over it, there was a good chance she's see it and know what I got her, so instead I ordered them from the an ebay seller. Guess what, they came in from Amazon anyways. It appears that sellers on ebay just transfer the orders over to Amazon and Amazon ships it. All went well and she loved the gifts, just learned something new.
Correct me, if I'm incorrect. I heard that sometimes these measures are taken, due to Taxes. I heard that is why Amazon uses UPS.

/ Amazon Sucks #46  
Part of the issue with Amazon deliveries lies with the last minute signing of an exclusive contract with UPS shortly before Christmas. UPS was woefully unprepared and struggled to handle the increased volume of packages.

/ Amazon Sucks #47  
so i think i would be more satisfied with amazon if they would reserve something when its in your cart instead of selling out of it. i wanted to buy new sheets and found some with a lot of good reviews so i put them in my cart and decided to add things during the day and then buy. so when i added some light bulbs to my cart i got a message saying that the sheets aren't available anymore. well that's what i really wanted. they should give you 24 hours to finalize. i also don't like that often there's a price difference between colors of stuff and if you are asleep at the wheel and the blue sheets looks better than the camel gold sheets you pay more and not realize it.
No online marketplace does that because people would put abuse the system. Thats why they have a "only X available" warning.

Aaron Z

/ Amazon Sucks #48  
I too am a fan of Amazon. I have been ordering from them for years and have been amazed at their outstanding level of service and pricing. I guess the only gripe I have is since Amazon built a couple of facilities in TN, they have had to start charging tax starting this year....bummer. This of course is not Amazon's fault and they will still probably have the best price most of the time.

/ Amazon Sucks #49  
Part of the issue with Amazon deliveries lies with the last minute signing of an exclusive contract with UPS shortly before Christmas. UPS was woefully unprepared and struggled to handle the increased volume of packages.
Perhaps, it is due to our area, but for the last three years, all my deliveries from Amazon were delivered by UPS. All our Walmart orders have been delivered by FedEx. Sometimes FedEx drops the package at the main Post Office and the Mail Person delivers it.

/ Amazon Sucks #50  
Perhaps, it is due to our area, but for the last three years, all my deliveries from Amazon were delivered by UPS. All our Walmart orders have been delivered by FedEx. Sometimes FedEx drops the package at the main Post Office and the Mail Person delivers it.

UPS also sometimes drops the packages at the Post Office. Last month, I ordered 4 items from Sears Parts Direct. They were shipped via UPS. The tracking number showed when they arrived in town, but 2 days later 3 of them were delivered by our mail carrier. I called Sears about the one missing, and was told they'd send a replacement. The next day, our mail carrier delivered the missing one.:laughing: Later, the replacement arrived, again shipped via UPS, but delivered by our mail carrier. So, once again, I called Sears and they sent me a return label to send it back via UPS at their expense. Of course I have no way of knowing whether the one that was lost for one day was UPS or USPS, but I'd bet it was USPS.:laughing:

Last edited: