Amsoil

/ Amsoil #1  

JBM

Tractor
B1550, B2400, finish mower, box blade, rotary mower, lifting boom, and post hole digger
I picked up an Amsoil catalog at the Sun n Fun Fly-In a few weeks ago and would like to give it a try. Does anyone have any recommendations on which of the dozen or more Amsoil variations I should use in my B2400?

/ Amsoil #2  
I had a M4700 and used Amsoil 15W40 in it.I now have a M6800 and will use 15W40 in it when it gets broken in.Brother-in- law has ford 72 hp.and uses 15W40 in it.Amsoil is tops in oil.I use Amsoil in everything I have.Thats why I became a dealer.

/ Amsoil #3  
JBM, did you know that Amsoil is a Latin word meaning "Where's Mark!"

I was at Sun and Fun too and went by the same booth. Anyway, Amsoil is a great product and you'll see lots about it in the archives on this board. I believe you can do a key word search using "owl poop" (I'm not kidding) and you'll read some good stuff about they're incredible service.

One other note, Mark has said it is best to wait until 150 hours to switch your tractor over to a synthetic. I am in the process of switching every lubricant in my Dodge diesel over to Amsoil.

/ Amsoil #4  
I put the 15-40 full synthetic in my B1700. I think it is called marine and heavy duty? In any case, it states clearly on the label that it is for diesel use.

/ Amsoil #5  
lschultz1,

Please register or send me your e-mail address. The board needs another M Series tractor owner! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Amsoil #6  
The thread in which I used the term "slick as greased owl poop" is, lamentably, mine, and can be found in the archives as the subject line "Yuck!" in the Kubota archives database. It makes for good, if somewhat embarassing to me, reading.

/ Amsoil #7  
I don't know why you would be embarrassed.

All the rest of us knew that Amsoil and Owl Poop had something in common. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Amsoil
Thanks for the responses. I've followed the "oil talk" for the past year or more and am aware of the controversy it arouses. In the Amsoil catalog there is a Series 3000 Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel Oil, Synthetic 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel and Marine, Semi-Synthetic 15W-40 Diesel Motor Oil, and Synthetic SAE 30 Diesel Motor Oil. I guess I don't see the need for all the choices - will try the 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel and Marine. Thanks.
JB

/ Amsoil #9  
Paul,
How many hours when you went to Amsoil? I've read MarkC suggests 150 hours, what do the Amsoil experts suggest? Also, did you switch all fluids or just the engine oil? And, do you notice any measureable differences? Thanks for the info. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif JimBinMI

/ Amsoil #10  
You know you've "arrived" when someone asks you a question and everyone else on the board chimes in and tells the poster what you'll say when you get the chance to post. Thanks, guys!

And, yes, the 15w40 HD Diesel Marine oil is the one I use in most diesel engines. I do use the 5w30 HD Diesel Series 3000 in my VW TDI, but only because they recommend 5w30. For the Kubota, 15w40 is plenty close enough to the recommended 10w30 or 10w40 to suit me, especially considering petroleum's penchant for widely varying temperature-based viscosity. Cummins specifically says using something other than 15w40 will invalidate your warranty. 'Nuff said.

Mark