Amsoil

/ Amsoil #101  
Uh-huh. Still a spreader expert, I see. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ Amsoil #102  
Billc, I read your post and almost laughed until you corrected yourself. I laugh at what some folks call mountains. If your ever out West, try the grade up Donner summit on I-80. Or perhaps if your in Colorado try the grade on I-70 into Denver. I live fairly close to the Donner summit, when you come down it, you can look at the the trucks (semi's) and see some cherry red drums with smoking contrails pouring off them. One day while driving to Tahoe, I saw a brand new Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel Magnum Dually raahhhhh, on the side of the road. He was at one point, pulling a 6 horse 5th wheel trailer. Something went wrong as the truck was completely upside down. Funny and fortunately, the horse trailer was upright but still attached to the the bed of the truck. It was as twisted as you can get. To this day I still wonder what happened to them and whether there were horses in the trailer. It looked like a case of the truck telling the trailer to follow me and the trailer saying , no, I think well go over here. Oh yeah, my point being, was he using Amsoil? Rat...

/ Amsoil #103  
Re: Amsoil Thread Mileage

If Amsoil gets as good of mileage and longevity as this thread I gotta get some!!!!!!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

JimBinMI

/ Amsoil #104  

Jim, I'll see if I can find you a dealer in your area. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ Amsoil #105  

Mark,

I sent for the catalog from their website, received it after just a few days and found out there's a dealer in Vicksburg, that's just south of Kalamazoo. Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

My tractor's still too new to get serious about changing, only about 60 hours, however, when it dries up around here I'll need to mow the lawn and dig up some more top soil with the rear scoop. That'll put a few more on her!

JimBinMI

/ Amsoil #106  

Jim, you're an incredibly open-minded and intelligent guy, for a New Holland owner. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ Amsoil #107  

Paddock, I was out West two years ago for the first time. We pulled an Airstream 27' trailer we had bought for $1. We went over a pass between Idaho and Wyoming south of Jackson Hole...think it was highway 89 or something similar. DAMN! We're going out this year pulling something much heavier. That's why I am teaking my Dodge. A song by Harry Chapman (sp) titled "10,000 Pounds of Banannas" keeps playing in my head. A certain person's Surburban could give that pass a good stare, but that's about it. That's right, I'm done begging! I only beg 10 maybe 20 times then that's it. I'm nobodies door mat even though I have a big tatoo on my chest that says "Welcome!"

Paul, your posts were funny as hell. My wife, the red head, told me that since you save horse's lives that I am never, never, never, allowed to say anything mean or derogatory to or about you. I said, "But honey, he has a Surburban." She said she means it.

/ Amsoil #108  

Bill tell "Eve" that, secretly, I agree with her - most of the English riders I know walk around like they have a 2 by 4 inserted into their rectums. I, however, do not ride at all - afraid of heights - I just shovel manure, pet the horses, pay for everything, and get to trailer my wife and daughters horses all over creation with my fantastic suburban. Maybe if I am ever in Georgia I will let you wash and wax her (uhh, I mean the Suburban, not wife) just so you can see what real steel feels like.

/ Amsoil #109  

Paul, as you can see, I had to change the end of my last post. Once Kim knew you were a vet, well buddy, let's just say this, if you are ever in GA you are welcome to all the burned food she can cook!

Actually I almost bought a Surburban. Was excited by the deal but someone beat me too it. Turns out this guy was a Captain in the Navy. In fact, he skippered the U.S.S Enterprise. The anchor they were using wasn't too effective. So, naturally he bought the Surburban. Last I heard the Surburban had worked too well. When tring to lift it from the ocean floor the weight caused the anchor chain to break. Not sure but when the Surburban hit the ocean floor they think the impact may have been responsible for an earth quake or two......but they are sure about that Mount St. Helen thing!

/ Amsoil #110  
Just read the post advising not to use synthetic Hyd/Trans oil as you will have a brake problem. On the Amsoil web site, under their product description for their synthetic Tractor Hyd/Tran ATH oil, they go to some length describing how this oil "suppresses wet brake clatter.....", they also call out the tractor performance specs. it meets or exceeds, which includes "Kubota, UDT-All", so I guess I'am a bit confused as to this warning about using this oil in a wet brake setup like my L3710 HST 4wd (only 50 hrs).

Anybody out there with Amsoil Transmission ATH oil having wet brake failure, or any symptoms described in the 5/11/00 posted by (unregistered) as I plan to put the ATH in my tractor this coming weekend.

Thanks in advance,

Scotty