An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems.

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #11  
Thanks for the link ! Looks like they might make shoes to fit my 72” Meteor snowblower, so I looked up dealer locations and there’s a dealer about 70 miles from me, so I called them this morning and the guy said we have exactly what you need in stock and he would set a pair aside for me to pick up this afternoon. Well I drove up there and found out they didn’t have the correct skids to fit my blower, he said it takes a very long time to get anything from that outfit but he would check into it and call me back, well so far he hasn’t called me back.
I believe these are the correct skids to fit my 72” Meteor blower.
Meteor | ARMORskids®
Hello Cycledude, you will get them faster if you order from them directly, I had mine in 5 days for my walk behind snow mule.

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #12  
This is my Second year with this Blower. And the skids wore out in one winter. and the price from kubota was outlandish. I ordered a poly snow plow blank and cut it to fit and counter sunk the bolts.. Then I pondered welding metal to what was left of the skids Doable indeed but alas When My Huskie 36" blower needed new shoes.. I saw the wheeled ones and said that will last longer. So this is what I have done for about 15.00 and the 89 bucks for the plow blade to replace the bottom wear bar. And Fluid film is already my favorite thing.. Been that since the 2000's with my old boss plow and 460 ford F250 And I have no idea where the nearest coal mine is I am in NW Montana

Decker, Roundup, Hardin, Glendive, Powder River Basin.

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems.
hh Well those are mostly eastern MT I am near canadian border and much closer to idaho

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #14  
Hopefully those wheels are located under the auger shaft centerline. That way, they will follow the contour of the drive, bumps, grass etc. if they are in front of, or behind the centerline, they will make those bumps worse over time. How I know this, is my 2 trailer jacks are located behind the auger housing. They dig into the bump going in, and the bump grows longer with the wheels going over the bump. The wheels on the side of the housing will dig into the adjacent snow if that is a problem. Keep us posted on your feelings of them after some use. Jon

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #15  
Newbie,
Are you in Flathead or lincoln?

Actually Lake

So an Update after a few inches of snow and drifts.. I noticed they disliked < the wheels that is> the side to side that often happens during snow throwin'. I also noted some deformation allowing wobble. note attached photo.. So the 160.00 a pair skids are on the beast.. I may take a trip to tractor supply and look for a better idea and parts to do it.. The poly wear bar on bottom of the thrower is not wearing at all but that was 3 days of destroying the gauge wheel invention..

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #18  
Hello Cycledude, you will get them faster if you order from them directly, I had mine in 5 days for my walk behind snow mule.
Ordered a set of skids from www.snowblowerskids.com today , $209.98 plus $24.99 shipping hopefully they will ship the correct skids and spacers to fit my 72” Meteor snow blower. So far Not much snow in my area this year so they might not even get used this winter.

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #19  
For front mount blowers,(and blades) I can't say enough good about fitting a set of counter balance SPRINGS to "lighten the foot print" when in Float hydraulic mode.
The fluid transfer through the system acts as a damper and shoes and grade bars will still dig in on abrupt hits, But off setting a couple hundred pounds out of 300# sure reduces wear on the ground rubbing parts.

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #20  
grsthegreat - my exact thoughts also. What in the world is the OP doing that will wear out the skids and wear bar in one season.

Something isn't right. OR maybe he is blowing 100 miles of asphalt roadway - EVERY day. OR the skids and wear bar were both REAL crap.

I never had skids on my 3-point blower. After 18 years of use - the paint was FINALLY worn off the wear bar - all the way across. Otherwise - no visible/measurable thinning of the wear bar.

I have a mile long gravel driveway.

Last edited: