An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems.

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems.
grsthegreat - my exact thoughts also. What in the world is the OP doing that will wear out the skids and wear bar in one season.

Something isn't right. OR maybe he is blowing 100 miles of asphalt roadway - EVERY day. OR the skids and wear bar were both REAL crap.

I never had skids on my 3-point blower. After 18 years of use - the paint was FINALLY worn off the wear bar - all the way across. Otherwise - no visible/measurable thinning of the wear bar.

I have a mile long gravel driveway.

I do 4 miles of Road.. and i believe the wear occurred before i bought the tractor. he dies after a long illness and maintenance was poor..at best I never looked at thesteel bar till it slid off last spring. The skids were not wore out i just tried the silly idea instead of the skids Also The skids were not installed correct to protect the wear bar

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #22  
I do 4 miles of Road.. and i believe the wear occurred before i bought the tractor. he dies after a long illness and maintenance was poor..at best I never looked at thesteel bar till it slid off last spring. The skids were not wore out i just tried the silly idea instead of the skids Also The skids were not installed correct to protect the wear bar
Newbie you did good ! you had different idea and tried it, it didn’t work out very well and your perfectly willing to admit it, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Some folks would claim it worked great even if it didn’t.

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #23  
Welcome to TBN Newbie tractor guy,

Here's some links to my posts about modifications of my skid shoes on the dozer blade and the snowblower.

They may or may not be of any use to you, but they have improved my snow removal without excessively removing my driveway gravel.

Good luck, KC