Another Chipper Post

/ Another Chipper Post #21  
I will be putting an addition on the house so wanted to remove trees before the addition starts so Thursday took six mature birch trees done had them piled in 6' logs for cutting and splitting and all the related brush cleaned up in a day with my cousin. We both are zipper chests (heart by-pass) so we don't move fast, lol. He just loved the Wallenstein BX42. The hydraulic feed I figure is a must. Good Luck.:thumbsup:

/ Another Chipper Post #22  
I should add that the quick attach forks really help with moving the logs and brush.
I hate brush moving but this made it almost, almost fun, lol.:laughing:

/ Another Chipper Post #23  
ChuckinNH -- how difficult was that adjustment? I've got a BX2660 and was also looking at the BX42 for the piles of brush I need to shred.

I didn't find the adjustment difficult at all. You swing the loading chute up, and then have pretty good access to the knives on the Wallenstien. The adjustment doesn't have to be precise either as long as it is fairly even. Mine had over .100 gap between the fixed knife, and the rotating one. Springy bushes, and really leafy material would bend in that gap rather than being cleanly cut. Once the material was clear o the knives, it would spring open again, and in very short order block the chute with chips that couldn't get by the bent twigs.