Dealer Another Deere dealership pulled

/ Another Deere dealership pulled #31  
If you think logically you'll never figure out how the government works.

It's very logical... and most voters recognize how things work and have been working for a number of year's..

Monied interests that drive policy - laws and appropriations that favor a select group or industry at the expense of the nation's well being.

Simple and very logical.

Nonetheless, the OP's thread regarding JD's current policy of "strong-arming" local dealerships in an effort to consolidate regional and national markets should be a concern for the public.

It can limit or stymie competition and result in the consumer paying alot more for goods and services that are painted green and yellow...

While I do appreciate the tractor I purchased from gamble77 -- the market implications of having 14 dealerships in 4-5 states under the banner of a single dealership has ominous possibilities.

And if that portends the future strategy of John Deere... Well, hopefully State and Federal officials will be watching.

AKfish

/ Another Deere dealership pulled #32  
So why is the government picking winners and loosers in this? Why are we not offering the same to CNH? Where is Agcos' bailout? Apparently Deere has enough folks pulling strings in Washington to get their own earmarks. Just another testament to whats wrong with our companies and government.

To set the record straight.

CNH got their bailout through the goverment when FIAT was given a bankrupt Chrysler for free and Chysler doesn't have to pay it back. So yes CNH, which is a FIAT company, got bailout money. :D

I don't think AGCO got any bailout money last year , but did pay a $20,000,000 fine for bribing Iraq goverment officials between 2000-2003 with the oil for food program that was set up by the UN, so they helped the goverment coffer out. ;)

I guess when you are a large multi-national corporation you get a better deal than the small shortline companies. I guess that is what you call fair competetion. Why would we need rules, obviously these large mfg have a perfect moral conscience and need no rules.:D

I was told once the defintion of Integrity is doing the right thing even if no one is watching.

This is my last post on this subject. Sorry for the rant!:)

/ Another Deere dealership pulled #33  
It's very logical... and most voters recognize how things work and have been working for a number of year's..

Monied interests that drive policy - laws and appropriations that favor a select group or industry at the expense of the nation's well being.

Simple and very logical.

While that is somewhat true you are not entirely correct. There is a non sensible idealism out there that is having an effect.

/ Another Deere dealership pulled #34  
It can limit or stymie competition and result in the consumer paying alot more for goods and services that are painted green and yellow...

While I do appreciate the tractor I purchased from gamble77 -- the market implications of having 14 dealerships in 4-5 states under the banner of a single dealership has ominous possibilities.

And if that portends the future strategy of John Deere... Well, hopefully State and Federal officials will be watching.

AKfish

A dealer system currently exists like this....Its called "Caterpillar"

Ultimately any system can not be everything to everybody...Cat's system is great for large corporate customers but not exactly "people friendly"....I wouldnt buy a CAT tractor if it were the last tractor mfg alive...Not saying they're bad machines, just saying the way Cat dealers work is not for me.

JD on the other hand got where they are today by having an independently owned dealer on every other street corner....by virtue of competition not only did all the dealers keep each other honest within the brand, it also helps with competition from other brands.

Ultimately I dont see why JD Dealer A beating JD Dealer B's price is a problem to Deere....to them the machine is sold...just a different shipping address. Much better then JD Dealer A being not the best dealer around and Kubota Dealer down the road gets the sale...

/ Another Deere dealership pulled #35  
Ultimately I dont see why JD Dealer A beating JD Dealer B's price is a problem to Deere....to them the machine is sold...just a different shipping address. Much better then JD Dealer A being not the best dealer around and Kubota Dealer down the road gets the sale...

Just started looking at the Kubota cab models... ;)

AKfish