Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL
I've had the DeWalt blower for 6 months now. Excellent "tool", it should do everything she needs for small clean-up tasks.

My mother (74) liked mine so much, she bought one.

Ed

Great! Finally someone to blame it on!

"But Hildred, Ed said his 74 year old mother liked it!"
:) :)

I did find the smaller DeWalt blower at Home Depot, 100 CFM and looked suitable for blowing out candles on a birthday cake for a 4 year old.

And it's $100 WITHOUT a battery or charger.

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #12  
Those battery operated machines are trash IMO. If you have all the time in the world to blow leaves like a 91 year old then maybe its okay I guess. Serious get a gas powered backpack blower and you will be done in minutes.

Let's flip this logic around where it belongs.

Any gas powered leaf blower is a complete POS if you want something to quickly blow a few leaves from your doorstep, driveway or deck. We use a Battery powered Ryobi blower every single day that hangs at the back door. In two minutes the decks and porch are cleaned of leaves. Been doing it that way for fifteen years. Backpack blowers suck big time in these situations and especially when you don't have the time.

Sheesh...

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #13  
Let's flip this logic around where it belongs. Any gas powered leaf blower is a complete POS if you want something to quickly blow a few leaves from your doorstep, driveway or deck. We use a Battery powered Ryobi blower every single day that hangs at the back door. In two minutes the decks and porch are cleaned of leaves. Been doing it that way for fifteen years. Backpack blowers suck big time in these situations and especially when you don't have the time. Sheesh...
I can clean my driveway, sidewalk, and porch off way quicker with a backpack blower VS an electric blower especially after the two large oak trees unload their acorns on the driveway. In this situation the electric blower is the better option because of weight. If you are comparing a backpack to a corded electric I will have the driveway blown off and be back in the house before you get the cord rolled up.

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #14  
The Milwaukee 18v compact cordless blower 0884 isn't really designed to be an all outdoor yard tool. .............

You know...for the life of me I can't picture a cordless blower being used indoors. :D

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #15  
....... If you have all the time in the world to blow leaves like a 91 year old then maybe its okay I guess........

The old people you know must live a heck of a lot longer then the old people I know... :D

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #16  
You know...for the life of me I can't picture a cordless blower being used indoors. :D
Does blowing out the garage with both doors open count?

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL

Does blowing out the garage with both doors open count?
Actually I've used my corded blower for that several times. Didn't need a long cord.

And as far as the sub thread of "needing more power"

My MIL REALLY needs one of these
AGRI-BW-2500TP-2T.jpg

plus a 40 HP Kubota to run it.

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #19  
   / Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #20  

I use one indoors to clean the bleachers at school. For a basketball cleanup once all the children leave we'd grab the gas ones, but after the boys eat breakfast grab the battery one. Get in too much trouble running a gas one with people in the building.