Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #21  
You know...for the life of me I can't picture a cordless blower being used indoors. :D

Geeze Mace thought you have a better imagination than that! :D

Just few of the things at work in the new store used it for was to keep the subfloor floor clear while I was putting down the finish floor and cleared out all the crap against and under the sheetrock to put on the baseboard trim. about 400ft of that. Cleaned out the enclosed stairwell from top to bottom. Blow all the sawdust off my chop saw table saw when I am done using them up and quickly concentrate all the debris. And I kept the 9 ft display counter clean as I was building it in place.

I have used it to quickly clean all the store display boxes of dirt and leaves from the produce displays in the farm store, and blow pretty much everything out the overhead doors. Most all tables and the 40"bins all have sides so nothing rolls off so they are not easy to sweep. Wind blows wickedly up the farm and they insist on leaving all the doors wide open so stuff blows in all the time, constant battle to keep it clean! And don't get me started when I have access the filthy 100 year old barns to do some maintenance or cleanup.

Easy to get behind things too to clean like fixed shop tables, the boiler unit and under the oil tank. Plus I too clean out my garage of grass clippings, leaves, dirt etc. and work it all to the door.

All works for me...YMMV

Can't quite say if a wife would approve it for other parts of the house though! :confused2:

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #23  
I did find the smaller DeWalt blower at Home Depot, 100 CFM and looked suitable for blowing out candles on a birthday cake for a 4 year old

:laughing: I have got to remember that one!

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #25  
   / Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #26  
Let's flip this logic around where it belongs. Any gas powered leaf blower is a complete POS if you want something to quickly blow a few leaves from your doorstep, driveway or deck. We use a Battery powered Ryobi blower every single day that hangs at the back door. In two minutes the decks and porch are cleaned of leaves. Been doing it that way for fifteen years. Backpack blowers suck big time in these situations and especially when you don't have the time. Sheesh...
Here is what a quick drive way cleaning looks like for me. You better bring your lunch if a cordless blower is all you have.

Before image-3141584891.jpg

Half way done image-1721259279.jpg

After image-1754064873.jpg

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #27  
Well! I have learned something today about the various uses for a leaf blower but in my defense I was thinking of inside a residential house. I have an old corded blower in a shed someplace...bought it when I cared about such things as fallen leaves and grass clippings. The cordless blowers today probably have more oomph than it does.

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #28  
I can clean my driveway, sidewalk, and porch off way quicker with a backpack blower VS an electric blower especially after the two large oak trees unload their acorns on the driveway. In this situation the electric blower is the better option because of weight. If you are comparing a backpack to a corded electric I will have the driveway blown off and be back in the house before you get the cord rolled up.

You missed the key words in my post: "A FEW LEAVES".

Living on ten acres I also have a backpack blower. I'm just smart enough to realize each has its strengths. Comparing the two is absolutely absurd, hence my post. BTW, corded blowers weren't under consideration, at least in my post.

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #29  
You missed the key words in my post: "A FEW LEAVES". Living on ten acres I also have a backpack blower. I'm just smart enough to realize each has its strengths. Comparing the two is absolutely absurd, hence my post. BTW, corded blowers weren't under consideration, at least in my post.
Blowing off the whole drive way and sidewalk lightly covered in grass clippings after mowing, a backpack blower is still faster. I don't bother blowing off a few leafs. A few leafs don't bother me and the wind usually gets them anyway. If you only want to blow off your front porch then a cordless might be faster. My front porch is elevated about 5 feet above the ground, and it doesn't get any leafs on it. A cordless does have a huge weight advantage as for the OP's case, but that is about where the benefits stop. The Op's MIL did have a corded blower and was dealing with 65 feet of cord.

/ Another leaf blower thread, battery operated - this for a 91 yr old MIL #30  
Blowing off the whole drive way and sidewalk lightly covered in grass clippings after mowing, a backpack blower is still faster. I don't bother blowing off a few leafs. A few leafs don't bother me and the wind usually gets them anyway. If you only want to blow off your front porch then a cordless might be faster. My front porch is elevated about 5 feet above the ground, and it doesn't get any leafs on it. A cordless does have a huge weight advantage as for the OP's case, but that is about where the benefits stop. The Op's MIL did have a corded blower and was dealing with 65 feet of cord.

You must be single...