Another one for the whoops list

/ Another one for the whoops list
Hi Egon,
I do need a door for a hose, but on the opposite corner of the barn. The sad thing is that my office will go behind where I poked the hole, and I was going to cut out a section under the window for a heat/AC unit. If I could only have poked the hole 3 feet to the south, I would have cut that part out anyway. Oh well, if I had good luck, I would have missed the barn entirely.

I told a friend of mine about what I did, and he said "Whats the matter, couldn't see the barn?".

Joe W.

/ Another one for the whoops list #23  
Robert -

You reminded me of how us ol' scuba divers handled things like cameras that somehow drowned (underwater housing failed, for instance). The first thing was to immerse it in clean, preferably distilled, water to help purge it of saltwater. Then the trick was to submerge it in pure alcohol for a while. Alcohol absorbs water and evaporates quickly, so when you subsequently drain the camera, it dries quickly leaving no moisture behind.

I never had to do it with my own stuff, fortunately, but I witnessed some amazing recoveries of totally waterlogged equipment.
wink.gif

/ Another one for the whoops list #24  
Oooooh I plan on trying something to get the processor to work,and if it does I guess it would make a good pencil sharpener for my shop...man they have some nasty looking blades.

/ Another one for the whoops list #25  
Hey, everybody,
How many of you have dropped your pager or cell phone in the toilet? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Another one for the whoops list #26  
<font color=blue>dropped your pager or cell phone in the toilet?</font color=blue>

Ha!
smile.gif
A friend of mine did it before I did (pager), and I have since heeded the warning and removed such devices when in proximity of the throne.

The way my dang reading glasses like to slip out of my shirt pocket, though, it's just a matter of time...
frown.gif

/ Another one for the whoops list #27  
Now if this was on the one hole system it could be more than a chuckle.

Egon

/ Another one for the whoops list #28  
I've left my phone/pager in the stall but I've never dropped it in the hopper...yet /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Another one for the whoops list #29  
Mossroad

Apparently not long enough to learn anything. I tried to run the giant jackrabbit bit on her, too. She was getting too smart by then, though and made me turn around so she could go look. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

SHF

/ Another one for the whoops list #30  
I never dropped anything in the toilet but my cell phone fell off my gun belt while fishing a drunk out of the lake from our boat one July 4th. One of our divers tried to find it a month later and never could.....I don't wear my phone while working anymore...stays in the car safe and sound.