Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there?

/ Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there? #11  
3038e with 305, Pallet Forks, RC2060, BB2072, SB2064. I love it, my only complaint is I have had 2 hydro leaks one on the SB and one at the rear hydraulics for the SB. Other than that its a lightweight powrhouse.

/ Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there? #12  
3038e with 305, Pallet Forks, RC2060, BB2072, SB2064. I love it, my only complaint is I have had 2 hydro leaks one on the SB and one at the rear hydraulics for the SB. Other than that its a lightweight powrhouse.

Could you tell more of your leaks.??

Exactly where were the 2 leaks.??

Are they both fixed now and who did the work.??

/ Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there? #13  
Could you tell more of your leaks.??

Exactly where were the 2 leaks.??

Are they both fixed now and who did the work.??

I got the rear hydraulic package on my tractor. The first leak was on the line that runs strait up to the rear hydro from the three point. At the factory some of the enamel had run onto the lip where the washer sits that makes the seal, and it was leaking around that dollop of paint. I had to take it to the dealer to get it fixed, it need parts, and was under warranty they wanted me to bring it in.

The other leak was on the snow blower not the tractor itself. It was where the hose screwed into the QC fitting. The guys that assembled it did not use Teflon tape on the flare fitting, I went a head and unscrewed it then tapped it up. To be honest I have heard you aren't supposed to use tape on flare fittings but when I don't they leak, when I do, they don't leak. Go figure.

While both leaks are fixed, I consider them both to be the dealers fault, not John Deere's so I guess my complaint would be about the dealer. It seems to me they do not test all functionality or have been skipping stuff on the pre-delivery check list.

The dealer would probably say we fixed everything you should be happy, however, I hate, HATE, hauling my tractor around. Its a big production loading it up and strapping it down.

My two cents.

/ Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there? #14  
The guys that assembled it did not use Teflon tape on the flare fitting, I went a head and unscrewed it then tapped it up. To be honest I have heard you aren't supposed to use tape on flare fittings but when I don't they leak, when I do, they don't leak. Go figure.

Actually, your not supposed to use tape at all in hydraulic systems;) A PTFE past is recommended.

/ Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there? #15  
Actually, your not supposed to use tape at all in hydraulic systems;) A PTFE past is recommended.

I have PTFE as well, I will start using that, I just like how clean tape is.

/ Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there? #16  
I have PTFE as well, I will start using that, I just like how clean tape is.

The problem is that small bits of the tape can get into the system fouling small orifice's and PRV's (pressure relief valves)

/ Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there? #17  
The problem is that small bits of the tape can get into the system fouling small orifice's and PRV's (pressure relief valves)

The place that put these together used nothing on the fittings, they were bone dry.

/ Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there? #18  
The place that put these together used nothing on the fittings, they were bone dry.

Makes sense to me...you said they are "flare fittings", but they are really called JIC fittings, and do not require any sealant.

/ Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there? #19  
Makes sense to me...you said they are "flare fittings", but they are really called JIC fittings, and do not require any sealant.

yet they were so tight i think a guerrilla put them on and they still leaked.

/ Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there? #20  
yet they were so tight i think a guerrilla put them on and they still leaked.

They probably overtightened them then...damaging the face seal. You may have problems with the others in the future:mad: They only need to be a good "snug" to seal properly.